DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Cautionary Tale

RayP

Reactions
Hello Everyone,,

I wanted to share this video for a couple reasons. One, so that others may learn and not make the same mistake as I did and the other is to show why I love my Mavic 2 Zoom.

Last month in Las Vegas, NV some of us woke up to a very rare sight. There was this blanket of white stuff covering everything. I got very excited wanted some pictures with Mavic before it was all gone. It had been a while since I had flow so I charged the batteries and rushed to the open field behind my house. I had read on some of the posts that instead of flying high try flying closer to the ground so that is what I wanted to try. The flight path was going up a hill but I knew that so started the run a bit higher so it would pass over my head. What I didn't realize is that I was standing by a stop sign and it was right in my flight path. As Mavic passed me it came to a hard stop which surprised me. It took me a few seconds to realize why it stopped. So, make sure there are no obstacles around you. I know that is obvious statement but not having flow for a while and the excitement of the snow I forgot to check my flight path for hazards. Also, I love the collision sensors on the Mavic 2 Zoom. It saved me from what could have been an expensive mistake.

Safe flying.

I hope the link below to the video on YouTube works.

Attachments

• DJI_0573.JPG
    DJI_0573.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
  • DJI_0541.JPG
    DJI_0541.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • DJI_0586.JPG
    DJI_0586.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals