DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cell Service in refurbished tablet

skyviewdronephoto

Reactions
I am in the market to purchase a refurbished tablet. It is listed as having wi-fi and cell functions. My provider is Verizon. Why is AT&T listed as the cell provider in the description?
Thanks

Apple - Refurbished iPad Air 2 with Wi-Fi + Cellular - 16GB (AT&T)

Because if you ever wanted to use it on a network (that is, use a sim card in it), you would only be able to use it on the AT&T network.

Better to look for one that is 'Unlocked", if you ever plan to stick a sim card in it - in my opinion.

But then again, you really don't need to use a sim card if you are only going to use it to fly.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I am only going to use to the tablet to fly. I do enjoy and use all the intelligent modes on the DJI Go 4 app and gps is important. Do I need a sim card for gps? My understanding of using the sim card is for cell data and transferring between handsets. My daughter gave me her old iphone 6s (T Mobile) which I have dedicated to flying with no problems. Am I correct in assuming that would be the case with the refurbished iPad Air 2?
I am not technically minded and I appreciate your help.
I come from an era with 3 digit home phone numbers.
Thanks.

I use an iPad Mini 2 WiFi + cellular, without a sim card, and it works just fine. GPS and all.

So you should be fine with what you are getting.

Happy flying and stay safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal