DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Central NY colors

Looks good! You have quite a few nice clips there, love the scenes with fall colors and the fog and the setting sun.

My only advice is switch to Davinci Resolve while it's still early while you still can. ;)

Very nice

Looks good! You have quite a few nice clips there, love the scenes with fall colors and the fog and the setting sun.

My only advice is switch to Davinci Resolve while it's still early while you still can. ;)
I have several thoughts.

Firstly, the scenes were beautiful but I got confused when you started to mix the town scenes in with the country scenes. It did not "tell a story." It was random clips hooked together.
I, too, use and love Premier Pro. I can afford it, and I get great support whenever I need it from Adobe.
Dale
Miami

Dale, I appreciate your comment and understand the point you made. Can you describe how I would better use country and village shots in the same video? Thanks!

Dale, I appreciate your comment and understand the point you made. Can you describe how I would better use country and village shots in the same video? Thanks!
It really involves making a script, either virtual (in your mind) or real. Plan your shots to try to TELL A STORY. I try to follow the usual rules of showing my images, starting with a wide shot to give the viewer an overall impression of the area, then a medium and then a tight shot. I try to stay on the same subject until it is exhausted (various views) before going to a new subject.
You start out with a wide view of a bridge, then sea or ocean, then suddenly, out of nowhere without any reason, to a street scene. I would try to re-order the same material to keep all street SCENES together as well as other subjects , like the ship from afar, and then from near. So your title should have been "RANDOM summer and fall memories."It's always a good idea to include humanity (homes, people) because viewERs identify with those subjects a lot. Probably start with the street scenes, then gradually migrate to bridges, ocean. It's nice when I can start with an opening scene like a sunrise, or close with a sunset. Anything that will convey to passage of time , will tell a story.

You don't have to alway shoot chronologically, but you can edit chronologically. Grab your shots on different days, times of day, but re-order them in post.

I wish I could follow my own advice because I sometimes or always manage to not follow these rules I have made for myself.

Good luck and happy shooting.

Dale

ADDENDUM- just a few typographic corrections (in CAPS).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
The one thing that I see is the shutter speed on pans. Make sure you are following the 180degree shutter rule and there are times when you are close to your subject, you may need to slow your panning speed to keep from getting what I call, "shutter judder."

It really involves making a script, either virtual (in your mind) or real. Plan your shots to try to TELL A STORY. I try to follow the usual rules of showing my images, starting with a wide shot to give the viewer an overall impression of the area, then a medium and then a tight shot. I try to stay on the same subject until it is exhausted (various views) before going to a new subject.
You start out with a wide view of a bridge, then sea or ocean, then suddenly, out of nowhere without any reason, to a street scene. I would try to re-order the same material to keep all street fences together as well as other subjects , like th ship from afar, and then from near. So your title should have been "RANDOM summer and fall memories."It's always a good idea to include humanity (homes, people) because views identify with those subjects a lot. Probably start with the street scenes, then gradually migrate to bridges, ocean. It's nice when I can start with an opening scene like a sunrise, or close with a sunset. Anything that will convey to passage of time , will tell a story.

You don't have to alway shoot chronologically, but you can edit chronologically. Grab your shots on different days, times of day, but re-order them in post.

I wish I could follow my own advice because I sometimes or always manage to not follow these rules I have made for myself.

Good luck and happy shooting.

Dale
Thank you Dale for taking the time to explain. It makes a lot of sense and I’ll try to practice this concept:)

The one thing that I see is the shutter speed on pans. Make sure you are following the 180degree shutter rule and there are times when you are close to your subject, you may need to slow your panning speed to keep from getting what I call, "shutter judder."
Thank you Mavic, I am guilty of not following the 180 rule so most of my footage is “non-compliant”. But new footage I’ll be more aware. I also noticed the judders and appreciate now knowing how to prevent them….slow pans which can then be speed mapped in post (dependant upon content). Again, thank you.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Thank you Mavic, I am guilty of not following the 180 rule so most of my footage is “non-compliant”. But new footage I’ll be more aware. I also noticed the judders and appreciate now knowing how to prevent them….slow pans which can then be speed mapped in post (dependant upon content). Again, thank you.
I think you meant "speed ramped" not speed mapped?
Dale

Dale, I was referring to speed remapping…

“Time remapping is the ability to have speed decelerate and accelerate as you see fit. For example, if you click on a clip and say Command + R and then 300, that's just one speed. There's no variation in that speed. Time remapping allows you to create variations in your speed.”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom