DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change vertical center of a panorama MA2

Thmitchell3rd

Reactions
Is there a way to change the vertical center of a panorama photo? I have tried moving the gimble up before starting the shot, but it always wants to come down to the horizon line for the middle of the photo. Sometimes I want more sky or more ground. Any thoughts?

Is there a way to change the vertical center of a panorama photo? I have tried moving the gimble up before starting the shot, but it always wants to come down to the horizon line for the middle of the photo. Sometimes I want more sky or more ground. Any thoughts?
The horizontal center can be changed in post if you save the original automated images. However, the vertical center is predetermined by the automated process. The maximum elevation is 13° up, not the full 30° of the gimbal. It is a trap for the unwary. If you use the 30° upward view to make sure the top of a building is included, it will end up a blurred smudge on the resulting automated panorama. Best to shoot the full spherical panorama manually for full control, if the automated spherical pano disappoints.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird