DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changed My Props And They Seem Louder....

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I have 102 hours on my air 2 props, only one has a tiny scratch on it from a branch 70 hours ago but I decided since I got too 100 hours I would switch them out and ordered 2 boxes off Amazon from Dji. Before I took them off I used a phone app decimal reader with the drone hovering above it and was getting around 75 decimals. Switched all 4 props then did it again and I'm getting around 80/82 it looks like... Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I will check again in 10 hours of flight maybe they have a break in period lol.....

Attachments

• 20201011_110051.jpg
    20201011_110051.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So I have 102 hours on my air 2 props, only one has a tiny scratch on it from a branch 70 hours ago but I decided since I got too 100 hours I would switch them out and ordered 2 boxes off Amazon from Dji. Before I took them off I used a phone app decimal reader with the drone hovering above it and was getting around 75 decimals. Switched all 4 props then did it again and I'm getting around 80/82 it looks like... Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I will check again in 10 hours of flight maybe they have a break in period lol.....

Never used that Phone app , but im wondering how reliable you have found that to be as that may be the reason for the extreme fluctuations.

I wouldn’t trust any app on a phone to accurately give a dB reading. A 5dB increase is just over 3-times louder, which is unlikely.

All good points, I am not sure... the app seems pretty consistent of at least judging increased sound... I'm not sure 5+ decimals means 3 times the sound though....

Attachments

• image0-18.png
    image0-18.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 14
All good points, I am not sure... the app seems pretty consistent of at least judging increased sound... I'm not sure 5+ decimals means 3 times the sound though....

That are deciBels not decimals and a logarithmic means of measuring a very high range of signal including audio, radio frequency and power.

3dB is double, 5dB is 3.16 times, 10db is ten times...etc.

That are deciBels not decimals and a logarithmic means of measuring a very high range of signal including audio, radio frequency and power.

3dB is double, 5dB is 3.16 times, 10db is ten times...etc.
Ah, thanks makes more sense now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom