DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changing max hight altitude

MGVision

Reactions
How to change max altitude setting? It is set on 150m. How to get above that?

Well, on newest version of dji assistant 2 it is imposible to find one necessary file to modify. Where can i find 1.1.2 version?

Because the maximum legal altitude is 400’ by law, the software/firmware is now programmed to not exceed that limit, I can understand DJI’s position. They don’t want to give any legislative body the impression that they are making a product that can easily violate the law.

That being said, there was a message string on here that discovered a way by backdating software. That string has been removed. The only legal was is to get an exemption number from DJI.

Why do you want to fly higher anyway?

Because the maximum legal altitude is 400’ by law, the software/firmware is now programmed to not exceed that limit, I can understand DJI’s position. They don’t want to give any legislative body the impression that they are making a product that can easily violate the law.

That being said, there was a message string on here that discovered a way by backdating software. That string has been removed. The only legal was is to get an exemption number from DJI.

Are you assuming he is in a particular country? Not every country has a 400 ft/ 122 meter limit.

Not true at all.
There is a user configurable altitude limit that is set at 400 ft by default and a hardwired limit of 500 metres.
DJI and civil aviation authorities understand that the earth is not flat and you might not always be flying directly above your launch point.
Altitude restrictions relate to the ground below your aircraft, not your height above launch point.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilomikebravo
Are you assuming he is in a particular country? Not every country has a 400 ft/ 122 meter limit.

I live in the USA (400 ft AGL law), but you can still modify in DJI GO 4 app. It’s not restricted via software

Not true at all.
There is a user configurable altitude limit that is set at 400 ft by default and a hardwired limit of 500 metres.
DJI and civil aviation authorities understand that the earth is not flat and you might not always be flying directly above your launch point.
Altitude restrictions relate to the ground below your aircraft, not your height above launch point.

*hard-coded

The max setting is 500m and can be changed in the go 4 app. secondly, those of us that fly in the mountains often need higher settings to fly over higher ground. The 400 foot rule is AGL not altitude above takeoff point.

I live in the USA (400 ft AGL law), but you can still modify in DJI GO 4 app. It’s not restricted via software
Yep I live in the UK and we have the same limit, but I recently flew my drone in Albania and Macedonia, and neither countries have either an upper limit or distance VLOS limit in their drone code, so I did a 11 km flight and several 500 meter flights.

The US limit is 400 AGL, but that doesn’t necessarily mean 400’ above takeoff point. The rule is 400 ‘ above nearby natural or man made obstacles; for example taking off from a canyon floor 1000’ below the top of steep canyon wall means you could legally fly to 1400’ above takeoff altitude.

The US limit is 400 AGL, but that doesn’t necessarily mean 400’ above takeoff point. The rule is 400 ‘ above nearby natural or man made obstacles; for example taking off from a canyon floor 1000’ below the top of steep canyon wall means you could legally fly to 1400’ above takeoff altitude.
First post in this thread since Oct 2018… :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent