DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changing Phones

bjk896

Reactions
I have the good fortune of being given an iPhone with a larger screen (Its a 12)
Different threads I have seen seem to best guess where Fly App settings are saved.

Do they follow the drone and get sent back to (any) Phone when connecting it to drone?
Are some saved to the Controller ? Which ones
Are there any specific settings that warrant a good look to ensure they are the same as my old phone ?

Should I just connect up and try to checkout and compare to my original ?

Its always best to go over your settings whenever you change anything. Simply put The settings that effect your Drones flight are on the Drone. they will stay as you changed them. Cosmetic, Camera and telemetry settings are kept in the app ( not to sure on the camera settings probably controller? maybe Drone). BEST to check it all out to be sure. Firmware upgrades seem to almost always change any settings you have changed in the different modes like max speed etc... Not sure why that is.

I have the good fortune of being given an iPhone with a larger screen (Its a 12)
Different threads I have seen seem to best guess where Fly App settings are saved.

Do they follow the drone and get sent back to (any) Phone when connecting it to drone?
Are some saved to the Controller ? Which ones
Are there any specific settings that warrant a good look to ensure they are the same as my old phone ?

Should I just connect up and try to checkout and compare to my original ?
You will most likely need to go over each setting.

Reactions: Cafguy and sarahb
Most, if not all, settings are stored on the drone and their values are transmitted to the app when the app connects via the controller. It seems to me that it would be chaos if they were stored on the controller or in the app.
With regards to settings I would check.
1) that the failsafe setting is RTH
2) that the "emergency motor stop" setting is breakdown/emergency_only"
3) RT and max height limits.

The first two are vital, drones have been lost because of the wrong setting, an excessive RTH height could put the drone up into unnecessarily strong wind abd wastes battery power in the climb (if needed) and the descent.

With drones with complicated RTH behaviours I would also check the settings for RTH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Most, if not all, settings are stored on the drone and their values are transmitted to the app when the app connects via the controller. It seems to me that it would be chaos if they were stored on the controller or in the app.
With regards to settings I would check.
1) that the failsafe setting is RTH
2) that the "emergency motor stop" setting is breakdown/emergency_only"
3) RT and max height limits.

The first two are vital, drones have been lost because of the wrong setting, an excessive RTH height could put the drone up into unnecessarily strong wind abd wastes battery power in the climb (if needed) and the descent.

With drones with complicated RTH behaviours I would also check the settings for RTH.

Thanks fellas Confirms both my instinct for safety and a logical way to do it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr