DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Batteries

Lets Fly

Reactions
After purchasing a M2Z, my batteries are lasting much longer than my Mavic Air did with the same flights. I didn't see anywhere how low a battery should be before charging,
or if it matters. Is there a preferred number?

After purchasing a M2Z, my batteries are lasting much longer than my Mavic Air did with the same flights. I didn't see anywhere how low a battery should be before charging,
please download the manual and it will all be revealed

I always recharge to max before going flying. Several hundred flights on each battery.
Here’s the link to the manual (70 pages and only available online.

Many had complained that the Air had a poor flight time. M2 is spec'd to near double MA1. I get about 22 minutes myself.

Heed when it calls for RTH on low battery unless it's really close in an open field. It will want to land at 10%, sooner at higher altitudes so it has time to descend safety.
Many tell you to try to land at 30%. Personally I don't think you need to go that far.

Many tell you to try to land at 30%. Personally I don't think you need to go that far.

Heed the advice of the many. That extra juice is insurance for getting home, wind does funny things. Best reason though is battery longevity. Lipo does NOT like to be drained too low, keeping them at the 20-30% charge prolongs their life and pushes back the dreaded swelling.

please download the manual and it will all be revealed
I have been flying my Mavic Air for a couple of years now. I only have three flights on the new M2Z. Since using DJIGO4 with the air it was not a new learning experience
to fly the M2Z. I was already familiar with the new features and did not need to go to the manual (yet), but in the manual it does not answer the question I asked, ( at least I did not see it).
I said I have more battery power left with the M2Z than I had with the Air. The question is, can you charge the battery up to 100% regardless of its current percentage?
I was not talking about low battery RTH or cold and hot weather or how to charge a battery. Simple question, can you charge it after it cools regardless of the percentage it is holding?
Is there any harm charging a nearly charged battery? I'm coming back with 65 or 70% on the same flights.
I can't explain it any better than that. If it says that in the manual, could you show me the page number?

I have been flying my Mavic Air for a couple of years now. I only have three flights on the new M2Z. Since using DJIGO4 with the air it was not a new learning experience
to fly the M2Z. I was already familiar with the new features and did not need to go to the manual (yet), but in the manual it does not answer the question I asked, ( at least I did not see it).
I said I have more battery power left with the M2Z than I had with the Air. The question is, can you charge the battery up to 100% regardless of its current percentage?
I was not talking about low battery RTH or cold and hot weather or how to charge a battery. Simple question, can you charge it after it cools regardless of the percentage it is holding?
Is there any harm charging a nearly charged battery? I'm coming back with 65 or 70% on the same flights.
I can't explain it any better than that. If it says that in the manual, could you show me the page number?
Charge at any % . No harm.

Reactions: In The Zone
For more information about batteries of any type, check out: Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University
They have a great article on Lithium based batteries.

Personally I try to charge my batteries to 75-80% often when I am not sure when I will be flying next. No need to let them sit at 100% for days. Generally, my flights are short and close by so I am not too concerned about the extra 20%.

Reactions: old man mavic
with regards to your question ,i may have misunderstood your original post, the M2z will fly longer on a full charge because it has more battery charge than the first mavic air ,
you can safely fly your batteries down to 30% if you want to, if you like to fly to a set time then if you are coming home with 65 to 70% charge left in your batteries, then they can be stored at that level and then charged fully before your next flight ,I myself like to be on the ground with my MPP by the time my first battery warning goes off i have mine set at 40%

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e