DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging hub performance

EsiMavic

Reactions
Does anyone try compare the performance of the hub using the 12v vs wall charger??

I have seen no difference in charging speed if you are referring to the DJI Charging hub. However, the only advantage is it charges all batteries one after the other, only one battery at a time. Though even if it charged all 4 simultaneously it would not be any faster as it still uses the same power supply.

Reactions: EsiMavic and MLR
Does anyone try compare the performance of the hub using the 12v vs wall charger??

I just purchased this....

There are several reviews on YouTube on it showing proper amp and volts going through that should not damage batteries or components being charged.

It charges 3 batteries in 1hr 17mins. Charges all batteries at once.

00fd796a672c9f4ce096b4914b84c6a2.jpg

Mike

Yeah that looks better. EsiMavic I just realised I miss read your post. The wall charger is 50w and the car charger is 80w so yes it will charge faster, around 30% roughly. However... some weird design engineer at DJI decided that to prevent low battery issues on your car, rather than set a low voltage cutout on the charger of.aroind 11.9 or even 12v like most companies, they decided on a low voltage cut out of around 12.9v. This means that the engine has to be running for the car charger to work.

Stupid.. . Just plain stupid. There is no other description.

Reactions: EsiMavic
Yeah that looks better. EsiMavic I just realised I miss read your post. The wall charger is 50w and the car charger is 80w so yes it will charge faster, around 30% roughly. However... some weird design engineer at DJI decided that to prevent low battery issues on your car, rather than set a low voltage cutout on the charger of.aroind 11.9 or even 12v like most companies, they decided on a low voltage cut out of around 12.9v. This means that the engine has to be running for the car charger to work.

That is stupid. Someone at DJI needs to be fired. Here's another option. $18.00 at Amazon

Amazon.com: BESTEK 75W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 3.1A 2 USB Ports: Car Electronics
61S9nQ0c5BL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
I've gone through 50 charge cycles on each battery using hub. last weekend for the first time I used the 12v d.c charger... and afterwards found a bulge and crack on the plastic battery cover... could be coincidence...

Reactions: ACCD
I've gone through 50 charge cycles on each battery using hub. last weekend for the first time I used the 12v d.c charger... and afterwards found a bulge and crack on the plastic battery cover... could be coincidence...
Do you mean the blue one like Spanishcop posted a picture of?

Do you mean the blue one like Spanishcop posted a picture of?

Lol... I hope not.... Just got mine today. Haven't tried it yet since batteries are all charged.

Eeeeek

I just purchased this....

There are several reviews on YouTube on it showing proper amp and volts going through that should not damage batteries or components being charged.

It charges 3 batteries in 1hr 17mins. Charges all batteries at once.

00fd796a672c9f4ce096b4914b84c6a2.jpg

Mike

I have this charger it works great I have two Mavic's and six batteries I love the charger because it charges three batteries at the same time plus the remote and my iPad mini to all at the same time just remember if you get it take the side off and make a ground wire that's all you need to do but it does work. It's great for my needs and have never had a problem with it or the batteries

I have this charger it works great I have two Mavic's and six batteries I love the charger because it charges three batteries at the same time plus the remote and my iPad mini to all at the same time just remember if you get it take the side off and make a ground wire that's all you need to do but it does work. It's great for my needs and have never had a problem with it or the batteries

Yah I saw that mod already. On the to do list

Its not that they have a low voltage cut out, they just didnt use a DC-DC regulated power supply, and just regulated the max end. My guess is because its cheaper. I have ordered a DC-DC power supply off ebay with an input of 8-40 volts and a 14v regulated out put, add a ciggy plug on both ends and the issue will be fixed.

Reactions: SeaComms
I like that solution. Just checked and can pick up an 8amp version for about $27 Aus. Nice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter