DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Hub

Harro

Reactions
Just purchased a Mavic 2 Fly More Kit. On page 3 of the manual it mentions 1. to download the latest firmware from http;//www.dji.com/mavic-2 then 2. Power the charging Hub, connect a USB cable to the computer and 3. Run the firmware update program.
My problem is that I cannot find any Charging Hub firmware on the site and so cannot run it.
Does anyone know how to locate this particular firmware, or am I to update the 2 new batteries via the drone (Mavic 2 Pro) and the DJI Assistant 2.0.4 software?

My problem is that I cannot find any Charging Hub firmware on the site and so cannot run it.
Does anyone know how to locate this particular firmware, or am I to update the 2 new batteries via the drone (Mavic 2 Pro) and the DJI Assistant 2.0.4 software?

I'm 90% sure there is no update software for the charging hub, but the batteries do get updates. I do just what you said: use Assistant to update the drone, the controllers, and the batteries. I've never updated any firmware on my charging hub though...

Gonna keep an eye on this thread, I’m also interested but don’t know how it’s done. Someone will jump in ;)

It's there now. So, go through all the hoops, and when it's finished installing it will prompt you to download a driver (forgot the name, but's it there). It says your android phone, but I interpreted that to mean the controller). In my case for both downloads, I had to allow the iMac to allow the downloads to proceed. The driver was hung up and wouldn't finish, but fortunately a prompt came up specifically for the driver to get permission to download; only then were both the downloads successful. Sorry, if this isn't specific enough. If you have any questions I might be able to help lead you through it. If I can do it, it can't be that hard.

I think at the top where it says downloads (this was a few hours ago), I went in under the Apple logo and logged into the DJI Assistant link. I think that's what led me to the update. Now when I plugged the charger into my iMac via the mini plug (you have to peel back the cover on the bottom of the charger to reveal the jack) and plugged it into my computer, I'm followed the appropriate download instructions till it finished, and this included downloading a driver. Make sure your computer settings are going to permit these to download. Hope it works.

Right, I’ve already got the Dji assistant 2 already on my iMac and logged in.
So if I now connect my charge hub to my Mac vis the usb cable it will recognise it and download the update plus the driver, is this correct?

Right, I’ve already got the Dji assistant 2 already on my iMac and logged in.
So if I now connect my charge hub to my Mac vis the usb cable it will recognise it and download the update plus the driver, is this correct?
Well, you're putting me on the spot, but yes, and after it is installed watch for the driver installation prompt which supposedly finishes the install. But it took a separate visit to my security to authorize the download.

Sorry, no intentions of putting you on the spot but I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

When I’ve got 5 mins I’ll give it a go. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d