DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging out in the field.

sammackay23

Reactions
Hi all, my question is regarding the power bank adapter that you get with the FMC. I'm currently sitting waiting at home for a battery to charge. Surely I can use the adapter to charge a battery on the go with a power bank? If not then what is the point of this thing? Can I plug the adapter in to 12v car socket and charge a battery as I drive to location?

It's so you can charge your device(s) with the adapter and not to charge the battery of the aircraft.

DJI sells a 12volt charger.

This is also popular.

I have a power bank with an inverter or a 12volt inverter that I use for the stock charger in the car.

There are also a dedicated powerbanks for charging dji batteries available on amazon and aliexpress. I used to have original Air and bought such power bank for it. Now I switched to Air2 and just changed the charging connectors. See here for the link Battery charges on the go

I bought the charging bank for the mini and it is much better than the dome thingy that Costco gave me. No need to charge batteries IN the drone. I charge mine in the car while I am driving around. Fast charger in the power outlet and voila, drone batteries wherever I need em. I haven't tried my portable batteries, but I'm sure they would work, albeit quite slowly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52