DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging RC Pro ??

Filmarik

Reactions
Is charging RC Pro controller ok with the USB C cable hardwired to the charging brick? Or should the included separate USB A to USB C cable be used for "slow" charging as a preferred method of charging? Would fast charging be detrimental to battery longevity?

Last edited:
When I plug my RC Pro into the DJI fast charger, the lights scroll more quickly so I would say it is ok and designed that way, to accommodate most types of chargers including a common charging brick.

Reactions: Cafguy
When I plug my RC Pro into the DJI fast charger, the lights scroll more quickly so I would say it is ok and designed that way, to accommodate most types of chargers including a common charging brick.
I remember reading somewhere long time ago that the controller should be "slow" charged with the separate USB cable but I can not find that info anymore. I noticed that the charging lights go faster when charging with the fixed cable. I do not want to "damage" or unnecessarily shorten the life span of the battery in the controller hence my question.

I use the slow charging method using the the cable that came with the controller and plugged into the USB port on charging brick that came with the battery charging hub. It takes longer but I feel it’s safer for the controller battery and I am often charging my batteries in the hub as well so the quick charging cable connected to the hub works well.

Chris

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I remember reading somewhere long time ago that the controller should be "slow" charged with the separate USB cable but I can not find that info anymore. I noticed that the charging lights go faster when charging with the fixed cable. I do not want to "damage" or unnecessarily shorten the life span of the battery in the controller hence my question.
The RC Pro supports fast charging So you will be fine.
DJI says you can charge it in 2hrs with a 12v and 1.5 hrs with a 15v charger.

I have several of the 65W charger wall warts that came with the Mavic 3 drones so I have one dedicated to a 3-battery charger tray and another for general USB-C charging tasks. I have always used that built in cable for my RC Pro. I am not aware of any issues stemming from doing the fast charge.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I have several of the 65W charger wall warts that came with the Mavic 3 drones so I have one dedicated to a 3-battery charger tray and another for general USB-C charging tasks. I have always used that built in cable for my RC Pro. I am not aware of any issues stemming from doing the fast charge.
Both the drone batteries and the RC Pro can be charged with the new 100W DJI charger, or an equivalent on Amazon from Anker. The charging lights definitely flash much faster at 100W on both!

Reactions: AlanL
I definitely fast charge my controller. I carry a power brick in my pocket and start charging almost immediately if I am working a job that spans several hours. If the screen brightness is 100% out in the sun, the controller is rosy after about 3 batteries so I charge while operating to keep up. I have 7 Mavic 3 batteries and a parallel charger, so basically I can shoot continuously as long as required.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne