DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check battery health with DJI Fly

What data do you expect in a "health" report? Do you expect it to predict a time for future failure?
Number of cycles charges and percent of full charge potential (available in data) should help. You could also upload logs to AirData and look at the battery data for each flight. All of that data together with you ability to understand it could help.
Checking visual conditions of the battery can help, along with inspection of battery contacts.

Reactions: db4476 and MA2 317
Thanks, Dave.

No swelling.

18 charge cycles on each of the three used Air 2S batteries I just bought.

So I guess the percent of full charge potential will be the most helpful?

I'm just trying to figure out how well cared-for these used batteries are. You know, whether they were stored at a good percentage of charge, etc.

As for airdata and battery info you might want to read my post here:

The only way to really tell how well your lipo battery is doing is to measure the "IR" internal resistance which is not possible with any 3rd party chargers that I know of. Might be a way that I have not heard about but no easy way from my experience.

Thanks, Dave.

No swelling.

18 charge cycles on each of the three used Air 2S batteries I just bought.

So I guess the percent of full charge potential will be the most helpful?

I'm just trying to figure out how well cared-for these used batteries are. You know, whether they were stored at a good percentage of charge, etc.
For used batteries that's about all you can learn.
Mine aren't so old. My DJI Spark batteries were capable of 94% after 2 years and I think it was close to 90 cycles and no crashes. DJI has computer programming in each battery to manage regular discharges. That's all I ever do.

With my old Mavic Air 1 they showed that the voltage in the cells were out of voltage balance just before they failed. They looked fine when on the ground, but as soon as they saw a load (hovering) they went out of balance. When I say that they failed I mean that they were at 100% at the start and soon were at 60% then precipitously dropped to 10% as it initiated an autolanding. Now with my Mavic 3 I regularly check for this voltage balance.

One of the most important aspect of battery is how well the cells are balanced. One bad cell will bring down the whole battery. Under the menu options in safety is battery. That will allow you to see how well the cells are balanced. One bad cell and you should ditch the battery.

Reactions: Mike107
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert