DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from BrisVegas, Queensland, Australia

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
And, I heard on the news that Australia, or 99 % of it is Covid-Free.
Is that correct? We have people here that still believe it's not real. with 250,00 deaths already. People here are still having large parties, don.t give a darn about their neighbours. Please respond just curious. Oh, and fly safe.

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

The MA2 is a great machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in your part of Australia.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone". Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn how to find it. We have over 120,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Yes, largely Covid free! Australia did the right thing and stopped International travel and introduced compulsory hotel quarantine on inbound flights.

I’m currently in quarantine after getting stuck in the UK for 9-months after Qantas, our national carrier, left tens of thousands around the world stranded.

Happy days ahead, oh, and it’s summer here so time to head to the beach!

Yes, largely Covid free! Australia did the right thing and stopped International travel and introduced compulsory hotel quarantine on inbound flights.

I’m currently in quarantine after getting stuck in the UK for 9-months after Qantas, our national carrier, left tens of thousands around the world stranded.

Happy days ahead, oh, and it’s summer here so time to head to the beach!
Thank you for your Reply, enjoy the beach.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
And, I heard on the news that Australia, or 99 % of it is Covid-Free.
Is that correct? We have people here that still believe it's not real. with 250,00 deaths already. People here are still having large parties, don.t give a darn about their neighbours. Please respond just curious. Oh, and fly safe.
Yup, as Mentioned, I live in Queensland, south side of Brisbane, soon to move to Coomera Waters, which is north side of the Gold Coast (about a 40 minute drive from here).

Just after I got the MA2 we had about 4 days of torrential rain, and the last couple of days have been high winds. Not flying weather.

Re Covid - yup, very much a non-event, mainly because we did the easy bits.

Queensland has a popn of 4.6M, and Australia about 25M (1/13th of USA). Queensland has had 6 deaths, and about 1200 cases so far - there are about 18-20 active and hospitalized cases at the moment (none in ICU) all associated with people coming from somewhere else. Compare to Louisiana, similar popn - running at about 7000 deaths, from memory. We haven't had a death, either in this state, or all of Australia for about 2 months. (908 deaths in Australia total. Last Sunday the USA had more die between Breakfast and Lunch, then Australia has since the whole thing started.

The "protocols" - simple - sanitizer everywhere. Supermarket checkouts have sneezeguards. Restaurants and coffeeshops etc, have QR Code - scan for contact tracing. Keep the 1.5 M Social distance. Self isolate and report if Symptomatic. The only places I have seen people insisting on masks are the Nespresso store, the apple store, and most hospitals. Health Care is optionally free here, so no worries about the costs if hospitalization is needed (You can still have health insurance - it just gives you more choices). Our government has enough stock of 3 vaccines on order to cover every one in the country for free, as well as some close neighbours. Rather than a one off stimulus check, everyone who has lost a job has been getting a weekly amount.

Not Rocket Science, not even drone science.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute