DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Chinese Fishing Boats

Pixeldawg

Reactions
Brand spanking new here and although I have been a professional photographer for many years, I am new to drone photography, but am loving it so far. I am an American, but live in southern China between Hong Kong and Macau, in the city of Zhuhai and teach photography and digital media at a university here. My home is right on the South China Sea and saw these fishing boats and thought they made a nice shot. Still lots to learn, but am here and reading a lot. Thanks for allowing me in and hope you enjoy the shot! Questions and comments welcome.

WeChat Image_20211022150547.jpg

Brand spanking new here and although I have been a professional photographer for many years, I am new to drone photography, but am loving it so far. I am an American, but live in southern China between Hong Kong and Macau, in the city of Zhuhai and teach photography and digital media at a university here. My home is right on the South China Sea and saw these fishing boats and thought they made a nice shot. Still lots to learn, but am here and reading a lot. Thanks for allowing me in and hope you enjoy the shot! Questions and comments welcome.

View attachment 136953
Awesome. Love your story and humility. Welcome from Long Island NY. You’ve found the best forum. You can learn until you burn here. I use search as my goto, but it’s a fine crew at MavicPilots and you’ll find little resistance to getting input from some of the best. Huan ying!! Flysafe & Godspeed, Droniac

Reactions: Pixeldawg

View attachment 136953
Looks like junk? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Pixeldawg
Very nice! Great photo

WOW! Thanks so much for the comments! And they are actually not "Junks". Haha! Made me smile. I am actually working on a book about drone photography for beginners. Discussion about controllers, equipment, ND filters and all things photography and wanted to see what the reaction to this shot would be because I am considering it for the cover image. I will be asking questions in the discussion forum and would be grateful for any guidance and tips you nice people might have. I feel pretty confident about the photo part, but am learning so much about drone work by writing and experimenting with my Mavic 2 Pro. One of the reasons I have gotten into this is that in June, I had surgery on my back and their were complications and I couldn't walk at all for two months, so had this drone and ecided that when I could walk, I would get serious with it. Well, am able to walk pretty well now (I am still working on improving this, but good nough to teach my classes and get around) and have found that with the drone I don't have to have the same mobility that I did when my walking was better, so it was a great way for me to attack this problem. So, I am riding my bike (helps strengthen my leg) and take my drone with me wherever I go. I also upgraded to the Intelligent controller, which has been absolutely worth the money and has given me much more confidence as a pilot. The controller that comes with the unit is really, in my opinion unacceptible. I would get a phone call and the **** drone would stop mid-flight and not respond. I decided then and there that I would upgrade and it's been really wonderful. Easy to see outdoors and the controls are where I would anticipate them. Anyway, great to be here and I'll post a few more in the next day or so. Students are in Dead Week for midterms now, so my project is to get this book going and doing as much as I can in the time I have. Be well, each of you and thanks once again for your comments and kindness!

Cordially,

Mark

Reactions: Droniac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada