DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chinese Phone Number "Verification" Pop-up

Rusty in Bend

Reactions
This one is weird. Occasionally on my CS-Ultra-7.85 tells me I have to complete the verification process when I start up the monitor. Then a window pops up and says "Link Phone Number" and starts the number with "+86" for China, and won't let me proceed to change or enter a valid US phone number. All I can do is restart and it goes away.

Anybody got any ideas what this silliness is all about, and how I make it go away forever?

I've seen this sometimes when using GO4 and no drone connected.

The CS built in GPS is sooooooo bloody poor mate, mine can never get a lock inside the house and takes forever when outside too.

Quick fix, connect the drone.

Longer term fix, use a modified GO4 app (which we can't discuss on this forum).

The reason for connecting the drone btw, is so the CS gets a location fix from the drone, rather than not being able to get a fix itself due to crap GPS receiver.

So I ended up doing a hard reboot of the system, including the Android OS ... and haven't seen the mysterious "Chinese Phone Number" demand since then. Hopefully it's gone forever. If it comes back, I think moving to Shanghai is probably easier than figuring it out ... so I'll just do that. Been there several times ... nice scenery, great restaurants. I hear it's easy to get a local phone number ...

Reactions: SuperFly33
Or just connect the drone to the RC before connecting the RC to the CS...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe