DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy Video

What sort of PC do you have? (CPU specifically?) could be that at 60FPS you're running into CPU issues. Could also be other issues related to PC (malware, poorly coded app hogging CPU cycles).

Reactions: rickw
No, Hopefully you just have to transfer The video to the hard drive before you play it. Or have a USB 3.0 port , as well as a 3.0 card reader. Honestly though 60 frames per second is kind of overkill if you are uploading these videos to the Internet or editing them with any type of free program. Both of those options are going to dumb down your resolution in the name of saving space, bandwith, and CPU usage.
Like I said,I'm a noob,so I should use 30fps?

Like I said,I'm a noob,so I should use 30fps?

Yes. 30 FPS is what you film at when you want cinematic quality, at least in my opinion. When you use 60 FPS it looks to clear and too sharp. It has zero motion blur, and this triggers your brain into noticing something is unnatural , so it doesn't look like the quality of film you're used to seeing, even though its technically better resolution. At least that's my opinion.

So use 1080p at 30fps ?

I always film at 2.7k 30fps. ISO 60 to start, film speed 100. The ISO and film speed can be adjusted to compensate for whatever the light situation happens to be during filming. I always film at 2.7 K that way in post-editing if I need to crop a video and blow it up slightly it will still be very high resolution. I only shoot 4K if I'm doing something that's not doing a lot of movement and needs to be unnaturally clear. For instance a bald eagle sitting it its nest. 4K 60 fps, to admire all that beauty, it's sitting fairly still so there's no motion blur issues to worry about, The beauty of the subject is more important then the cinematic quality of the video. 30 seconds and done. Anything longer than 20 or 30 seconds and not a still subject needs to be under 4K and 30fps. That gives it a more realistic feel. Anyways all of this is just my opinion. I'm sure that there are many professionals that would tell you that I'm giving you amateur advice. But this is what I have found to work the best when shooting with a drone,

I always film at 2.7k 30fps. ISO 60 to start, film speed 100. The ISO and film speed can be adjusted to compensate for whatever the light situation happens to be during filming. I always film at 2.7 K that way in post-editing if I need to crop a video and blow it up slightly it will still be very high resolution. I only shoot 4K if I'm doing something that's not doing a lot of movement and needs to be unnaturally clear. For instance a bald eagle sitting it its nest. 4K 60 fps, to admire all that beauty, it's sitting fairly still so there's no motion blur issues to worry about, The beauty of the subject is more important then the cinematic quality of the video. 30 seconds and done. Anything longer than 20 or 30 seconds and not a still subject needs to be under 4K and 30fps. That gives it a more realistic feel. Anyways all of this is just my opinion. I'm sure that there are many professionals that would tell you that I'm giving you amateur advice. But this is what I have found to work the best when shooting with a drone,

Just a note I think you reversed your ISO and shutter speed. Could be confusing. You'll want your ISO to be at 100 and your shutter speed to be at 60.

My bad . Lol. I almost never adjust the ISO and I was taught by someone that called them film speed and aperture. Which I have come to learn isn't quite right with video.

Last edited:
Have you tried a different media player? It's has to be a pc issue, because the upload plays fine. Maybe Update your codec pack and try a better media player like vlc ? And they are definitely saved as .mp4?

just tried 1080 at 30 worked perfect,I'm using vlc,not sure how to update codec

Ok sweet. I have noticed that windows media player handles 2.7k and 4K better than vlc. Have you tried opening the higher def ones in windows media player? I was suggesting vlc because I assumed u were using media player already. If not, using windows media player might work for the choppy ones if you feel like investigating a bit more. Either way, happy droning dude !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying