DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chrystal Sky Monitor & Litchi App

Desertdude

Reactions
Does anyone have the Litchi app loaded on the Chrystal Sky Monitor? I’m interested in the DJI Chrystal Sky Monitor but I need to be able to Laos the Litchi app on it.

I know it's pricey and I thought the same thing. But given the alternatives, phones, tablets that really can't handle the heat or the CPU load that DJI or Litchi put on them, IMO it's a must. There is a much clear and lag free picture, not to mention that it's tremendously bright and crisp outside. Even though its a bit heavier and adds to bulk of my travel bag (separate battery, thicker screen) I could never use anything else again. I would recommend the DJI Hood for it, as it serves as a screen protector and does help even more outside.

I’m using an iPad Air 2 with a hood man hood. This is really clear with the hood. But cumbersome. The main reasons for the Chrystal would be not to use a hood. Is it clear without the hood? Plus I would have to buy the special mount to the controller.

I have to agree with mackt83 on all of it. I will never go back to using a phone as a monitor.
I have 3 drones, Inspire 1, P4P and a Mavic Air and swap out the same CS on all of them.
The hood is nice also on those super sunny days. (I leave it off the rest of the time as it limits access to the screen,)
zzzze.JPG

But the 5.5” is the size of the iPhone X which I have. That’s not big enough for me. I would have to get the 7.85 at $700+

I had been using a dedicated Ipad Mini 4 and an Ipad Air 2 for my drones. Bought the CS 7.85 and IMO well worth the cost/price. The biggest thing is the CS screen is very bright. No need to remember my hoodman or try to get my fingers/hands into the opening to push buttons.

That’s a good point, but then you also had to buy the mount to hold the CS to the remote. That’s another $80, so that’s about $800 total. Almost the cost of the Mavic Pro. Hope it is worth it.

Why would you be selling it, not sure if I’m buying yet. Plus I only buy brand new stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw