DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cicadas & Drones

Fat Pappy

Reactions
This spring/summer we are due for the 17 year cicadas. The ground will hit 64* soon and they will begin emerging. Have others had experience flying drones in cicada season? Are they attracted to drones or scared of them? If you hit a swarm, what do they do to your rotors or the drone itself? It’s going to be an interesting time.

I doubt seriously whether cicadas would be attracted to or interested in a drone. And they spend little time flying.

I did recently have three instances where carpenter bees approached my MA2. They're highly territorial and approach any other carpenter bee or insect that wanders into their chosen area. They often attack other carpenter bees and both tumble to the ground. In my case, the bee came very near, within four inches, but did not contact the drone.

I'm guessing that the propellers would not be harmed by most insects, even the crunchier ones like cicadas.

I doubt seriously whether cicadas would be attracted to or interested in a drone. And they spend little time flying.

I did recently have three instances where carpenter bees approached my MA2. They're highly territorial and approach any other carpenter bee or insect that wanders into their chosen area. They often attack other carpenter bees and both tumble to the ground. In my case, the bee came very near, within four inches, but did not contact the drone.

I'm guessing that the propellers would not be harmed by most insects, even the crunchier ones like cicadas.
Crunchier ones, that's GREAT LOL. Yeah I lived in Illinois last time I saw them but I personally would not put my expensive drones in that position to find out. But then again you would have t be flying at ground level as mentioned above. Take video if you do though :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1