DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinema Series Filters for Mavic Pro

globeguy1

Reactions
I recently sprung for the PolarPro Cinematographer Collection for my Mavic Pro and while the weather didn't dictate the use of a filter, I wanted to see if there was any effect with the gimbal and just play with installing/removing the filters. They are easy enough to put on and take off using the method that PolarPro shows in their video, but.......if I install the filters prior to startup, it gimbal appears to jam up against the bracket and stays there with a screen message of reduce gimbal load or something to that effect. I stumbled across a video on YouTube that indicated it was a problem and that the filter needed to be installed after power up. I did that, and it functioned properly for the flight.

Is this normal? I'm pretty careful when it comes to messing about with the gimbal particularly when it's powered up. All thoughts welcome, thanks in advance!

KixEqDARSUqIMNXcrEzV8A.jpg

I know the first batch had a issue and they fixed it. Had a nd
Doing it and talked to them here and they sent me a new one and is fine. I leave a #8 on mine. Never hits now.
Ask @PolarPro .

I recently sprung for the PolarPro Cinematographer Collection for my Mavic Pro and while the weather didn't dictate the use of a filter, I wanted to see if there was any effect with the gimbal and just play with installing/removing the filters. They are easy enough to put on and take off using the method that PolarPro shows in their video, but.......if I install the filters prior to startup, it gimbal appears to jam up against the bracket and stays there with a screen message of reduce gimbal load or something to that effect. I stumbled across a video on YouTube that indicated it was a problem and that the filter needed to be installed after power up. I did that, and it functioned properly for the flight.

Is this normal? I'm pretty careful when it comes to messing about with the gimbal particularly when it's powered up. All thoughts welcome, thanks in advance!

View attachment 61857

Hi Globeguy1, Dirkclod is on the right path! We have had several iterations of these filters and have seen this problem in the past. Please reach out to our support team for assistance. They will simply need images of the filter set and a receipt in order to get a replacement set shipped to you! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi Globeguy1, Dirkclod is on the right path! We have had several iterations of these filters and have seen this problem in the past. Please reach out to our support team for assistance. They will simply need images of the filter set and a receipt in order to get a replacement set shipped to you! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks for replying! I submitted a video of the gimbal calibration on startup as well as images of the filters, order number, and contact info this morning. Hoping for a quick resolution, I appreciate you getting involved!

Thanks for replying! I submitted a video of the gimbal calibration on startup as well as images of the filters, order number, and contact info this morning. Hoping for a quick resolution, I appreciate you getting involved!

Morning! We are just opening up the office and the support staff should be getting to your submission shortly. Look for a reply from them soon! Happy to help and if you have any further issues or questions, do not hesitate to reach out!

A big shout out to the customer support of PolarPro (PolarPro_Brendan and Oliver) both here and via email. A new set of filters is on the way and hopefully they will do the trick. The response has been not only friendly but professional and timely - now for some working filters and it will be a great experience all around!

Thanks guys!

Thank you! We appreciate the accolade and happy to help. Should you have any questions or issues in the future please do not hesitate to reach out!

Happy Flying!

Reactions: globeguy1
A big shout out to the customer support of PolarPro (PolarPro_Brendan and Oliver) both here and via email. A new set of filters is on the way and hopefully they will do the trick. The response has been not only friendly but professional and timely - now for some working filters and it will be a great experience all around!

Thanks guys!
I appreciate hearing this first hand experience as I am currently looking to invest in some filters for my MP and PolarPro was one of the contenders. Thanks for sharing your experience with them!
Jon

Reactions: PolarPro_Brendan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman