DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic footage: Bolata (Bulgarian: Болата) cove mini-documentary

AirPilot

Reactions
Hello,

I just finished my second documentary. This time is my first attempt to create a cinematic look&feel movie. :)

The video has been shot entirely with the DJI Mavic Air and edited in a color critical environment, using a professional RGB monitor and a hardware calibrator.

I have absolutely no experience in video production, but I am pretty experienced in photography and I tried to use my knowledge to create this.

I hope you will enjoy it guys!

BACKGROUND MUSIC:
All rights Reserved to Safvc. Song titles: "savfk-strange-the-dreamer", "savfk-the-ocean"(Free Stock Music for Your YouTube Videos or Multimedia Projects - 100% Free).

Bolata (Bulgarian: Болата) cove aerial mini-documentary

"Bolata (Bulgarian: Болата) cove is located at the northern rocky coastline of the Bulgarian seaside. It is 3 km to the north of the Kaliakra headland. The nearest settlements are Bulgarevo village in about 5 km distance and the town of Kavarna in 13 km to the west. The place represents a small cove with a perfect semi-circular shape, featuring a beautiful sandy beach. All this is between a brick-colored high cliffs at the end of a rocky canyon. There is a very small river flowing into the sea. This is the only approachable place where the sea can be reached for kilometers of cliffs spread out northwards and southwards.

History

In the caves around are found remnants of an ancient settlement dated as far back as 4th century B.C. In the area of Bolata was also found a Maltese cross which testify to the foreign trade relation of the Second Bulgarian Empire with the Republic of Venice and Genoa. During the communist regime, on the right side of the canyon above the cove, there was built a top secret base. That's why few people knew about the place. There is some talk about a telephone cable that started from here and through the cove and sea connected leaders of Bulgaria and Soviet Union. The semi-abandoned buildings and a watch-tower can be seen nowadays on the plateau around Bolata.

The Reserve

In the sky of Bolata cove passes the so-called Via Pontica one of the main roads (north to south) of the migratory birds. Bolata is the only reserve in Bulgaria that includes sea area in its territory.
Many interesting species make their nests here. Among them are:
- Little bittern (Ixobrychus minutus)
- Little grebe (Tachybaptus ruficollis)
- Common kingfisher (Alcedo atthis)
- Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)
- Tufted duck (Aythya fuligula)
- Grey heron (Ardea cinerea) In the area of Kaliakra and Bolata can be often seen short-beaked common dolphin (Delphinus delphis)."

SOURCE: Wikipedia Bolata - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Beautifully shot and edited. You did a great job.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair