DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Cinematic Howth Peninsula

Nice film, however the entire 3mins has been recorded with the drone flying either straight forward or backwards. With 20+ cinematic filming options available, I’m not sure why you’re only using two?

Nice film, however the entire 3mins has been recorded with the drone flying either straight forward or backwards. With 20+ cinematic filming options available, I’m not sure why you’re only using two?
Very true...at a minimum I wanted to do an orbit of the lighthouse, but it's strictly not allowed due to the presence of an emergency landing pad. The low sun ruined my plans to do one around the harbour

Reactions: TerryToast
Very true...at a minimum I wanted to do an orbit of the lighthouse, but it's strictly not allowed due to the presence of an emergency landing pad. The low sun ruined my plans to do one around the harbour
An obit is certainly a good variation.

You like flying straight forwards, so you could also add a few gimbal pan-up reveals (while flying straight forwards).

Don’t worry too much. We all have bias/favourites in our flying techniques and it takes a conscious effort to break those habits and add more variety to our videos. Good luck!

Reactions: Drone Views Media
Hello Terry, I did a search in various engines and can't find anything. Can you recommend a place to get started on cinematic filming options available? Thank you. :)

Hello Terry, I did a search in various engines and can't find anything. Can you recommend a place to get started on cinematic filming options available? Thank you. :)
Definitely. There are lots of guys doing these tutorials, but here are two that I like.

Reactions: Jay241
What's your impression on the Mini and wind handling?
TBH, I've done over 60 YouTube videos with the original Mavic Mini, and at this point in time, I know its limitations. The original Mavic Mini simply isn't strong enough to deal with significant winds. I tried out the Mini 2 today, and it seems a lot better

Reactions: MROJAS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky