DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Circle hyperlapse- can POI be set with GPS rather than optical?

pharmerbob

Reactions
Question regarding doing circle hyperlapses with Mavic 2 pro. During a low light circle hyperlapse (at sunset) the drone optically locks onto the POI just fine. However, because the light is dimming, the POI will almost always be lost at some point. I know that I can set the POI via the rear switch on the controller (same as setting a waypoint), however this always puts the point at the physical location of the controller. Does anyone know if the POI can be set to a GPS point on the map? Assume that the controller cannot be brought to the POI.

Any help appreciated!

Question regarding doing circle hyperlapses with Mavic 2 pro. During a low light circle hyperlapse (at sunset) the drone optically locks onto the POI just fine. However, because the light is dimming, the POI will almost always be lost at some point. I know that I can set the POI via the rear switch on the controller (same as setting a waypoint), however this always puts the point at the physical location of the controller. Does anyone know if the POI can be set to a GPS point on the map? Assume that the controller cannot be brought to the POI.

Any help appreciated!
Wow you had to throw that in at the end; was going to say take the controller to the POI. :) Sorry I can't help you, can't remember; it's been a long time since I used Mavic2.

Any help appreciated!
If you manually set the POI, that point is not where the controller is located, it’s where the drone is located.
- You fly to the desired point, aligning the point you want while your camera is pointing straight down.
- Set the point with the button.
- Fly away to set your desired radius.
- Point your drone and camera to your desired POI.
- Check your altitude relative to objects in the area.
- Set your speed and rotational direction
- Start your camera recording as desired (timed pictures / video)
- Hit go.

If you manually set the POI, that point is not where the controller is located, it’s where the drone is located.
- You fly to the desired point, aligning the point you want while your camera is pointing straight down.
- Set the point with the button.
- Fly away to set your desired radius.
- Point your drone and camera to your desired POI.
- Check your altitude relative to objects in the area.
- Set your speed and rotational direction
- Start your camera recording as desired (timed pictures / video)
- Hit go.
Sounds right, although I haven't flown automated POI in a while. One thing I found was once the M2P began its circle route, I could increase the altitude, expand the circle, and even rotate the M2P away from the POI object and it still flew a perfect circle....a great way to record a smooth 360 degree video.

Reactions: Torque

Any help appreciated!
Yes it can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne