DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 2s Hyperlapse Circle Mode

originalgum

Reactions
Site
www.michaelvertrees.com
Good morning... I am doing a FB video post for a local business here. I am starting off doing a hyperlapse that transitions from a dark, early morning to a dawn morning as the sun rises. I went to the establishment yesterday to pick out some good waypoints that will capture what I believe will be some good shots.... however, that mode is proving to be difficult, as the camera angle works out to be to large in spots. If I decrease the angle until it says, "good" I miss the shot. I tried several different routes but none worked out to my satisfaction.
So here is my solution: Begin the hyperlapse in "Circle" mode with the establishment as my subject, but I really only need a quarter or 1/2 circle. My question, and I thank you for staying with me this long... my question is can I stop the trajectory after say 1/2 circle? If I do pause or stop the "circle" short, will DJI Fly still build the hyperlapse video with what has been shot up unto that stopped point? I appreciate your input...!

Good morning... I am doing a FB video post for a local business here. I am starting off doing a hyperlapse that transitions from a dark, early morning to a dawn morning as the sun rises. I went to the establishment yesterday to pick out some good waypoints that will capture what I believe will be some good shots.... however, that mode is proving to be difficult, as the camera angle works out to be to large in spots. If I decrease the angle until it says, "good" I miss the shot. I tried several different routes but none worked out to my satisfaction.
So here is my solution: Begin the hyperlapse in "Circle" mode with the establishment as my subject, but I really only need a quarter or 1/2 circle. My question, and I thank you for staying with me this long... my question is can I stop the trajectory after say 1/2 circle? If I do pause or stop the "circle" short, will DJI Fly still build the hyperlapse video with what has been shot up unto that stopped point? I appreciate your input...!
Minimum of 25 frames - yes. Less than that - no.

Reactions: originalgum
Another option for you - don't rely on the in-camera hyperlapse processing which crops the actual photos by as much as 30%.

Instead, process the actual raw or jpeg files in post to use the entire frame for the hyperlapse. You might find that the captured images meet your need. Additionally you can zoom in/out as needed to the actual subject of interest.

Good luck!

Reactions: Octavio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne