DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cire from central Texas

• Thread starter Deleted member 173459
  • Start date
dji_fly_20230423_071356_127_1682253325380_aeb.jpeg
This is a pic of our hayfield (top right section). Grass looks good, now we need the grass to grow everywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

TP&W doesn't permit drone use on their properties with the exception of a couple parks in the state. Widespread drone imagery could discourage visitors (their revenue stream) if the images were not pristine. Between the loss of publication/creative control and the fact a lot of state parks have been ridden with drought - TP&W is very particular about any type of "commercial" type imagery of their properties (for people that would want to post their images to stock sites, etc.)

There is a difference between "operating" in a state park (launching) and "operating" a drone in the public airspace above state property ;-) Of course there are some other technicals about drone operation, legal minutia regarding airspace, VLOS, etc. between FAA and State laws. Getting your 107 is recommended as you will be better equipped to plan and execute flights. It will also help you operate much more safely.

Love the enthusiasm as state parks were one of my first thoughts of places to fly. The best news is there are so many awesome places to fly (and discover) that are practically in your backyard. You may find the state parks get surpassed as prime flight locations because the simple truth is beauty is EVERYWHERE. Drones are just a great tool for getting your lens there.

Get airborne anywhere near Marble Falls and you'll get some great pictures/video.

TP&W doesn't permit drone use on their properties with the exception of a couple parks in the state. Widespread drone imagery could discourage visitors (their revenue stream) if the images were not pristine. Between the loss of publication/creative control and the fact a lot of state parks have been ridden with drought - TP&W is very particular about any type of "commercial" type imagery of their properties (for people that would want to post their images to stock sites, etc.)

There is a difference between "operating" in a state park (launching) and "operating" a drone in the public airspace above state property ;-) Of course there are some other technicals about drone operation, legal minutia regarding airspace, VLOS, etc. between FAA and State laws. Getting your 107 is recommended as you will be better equipped to plan and execute flights. It will also help you operate much more safely.

Love the enthusiasm as state parks were one of my first thoughts of places to fly. The best news is there are so many awesome places to fly (and discover) that are practically in your backyard. You may find the state parks get surpassed as prime flight locations because the simple truth is beauty is EVERYWHERE. Drones are just a great tool for getting your lens there.

Get airborne anywhere near Marble Falls and you'll get some great pictures/video.
Thanks for the great response. The grey area on operating is not an area that I want to go into…yet. I was an Eagle Scout and really have enjoyed the state and national parks, so I would like to give others the respect that I grew up with within these treasures. In the backcountry, a ranger may be okay with flying if I was miles away from others, but regardless, I would always get permission first. I am planning on getting the Park 107. With this topic, I would guess it may be a possible negotiation tool for the backcountry trips as well as the other perks for relatively small amount of money.

Hear a few pics of our ranch with the Air 2S. On the last pic, you can tell the difference from our hayfield and where our cattle graze.

Attachments

• DJI_0059.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4373.jpeg
    IMG_4373.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • dji_fly_20230423_071406_132_1682253270962_aeb.jpeg
    dji_fly_20230423_071406_132_1682253270962_aeb.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: astrohip
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case