DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarifying

I was warned that people might give a little flack because the map shows a road there.
I don't think its flak as much as a be cautious thing. While we are answering your specific question there are others that will read this for the same info those who are new need to know the ins and outs of the drone world. I do this alot myself and recall doing it in one of your post. Let me say that I do not think of it as "calling" you out as a member just calling out the statement. I have respect for all members and their opinions and I hope that our past Debates do not give you reason to feel I am singling out you or anyone. I myself like participating in your topics..
One more thing In California we are not allowed to fly in forested areas during fire season. Is it not the same in Washington state?? see I did the nit picky thing with you again lol. I am just curious and I was run off of a place not too far from a national park a few years ago and the officials there explained that Drone flying around forested areas was a no-no during fire season.
Glad to have you on the forum if I seem like I singled you out in any post my apologies..

One more thing In California we are not allowed to fly in forested areas during fire season. Is it not the same in Washington state?? see I did the nit picky thing with you again lol. I am just curious and I was run off of a place not too far from a national park a few years ago and the officials there explained that Drone flying around forested areas was a no-no during fire season.

Are you sure it isn't just no fly zones around active fire areas? I've never heard of any restrictions on flying during fire season. It seems awfully odd as the chance of a problem seems incredibly small. Seems like you'd have to have a runaway battery or something to cause a problem. I don't see any risk from sparks for ignition. Even if the props hit something they shouldn't cause sparking.

Reactions: Cafguy
If this area was in the boundries of some other park I do not remember that. The park official just showed me a piece of paper that stated Drones were prohibited without permission in all wilderness areas from May something to Oct something. Note I was well away from the National park. I just told them I was sorry and left No problems really.

If this area was in the boundries of some other park I do not remember that. The park official just showed me a piece of paper that stated Drones were prohibited without permission in all wilderness areas from May something to Oct something. Note I was well away from the National park. I just told them I was sorry and left No problems really.

Drones are prohibited from Wilderness areas at all times due to them being "motorized equipment" (not allowed in wilderness areas), but generally otherwise allowed in National Forests:

During any wildfire event there is almost always a TFR banning drone flights in the area of the fire. The Forest Service uses drones for various purposes during wildfires.

I use my drone almost exclusively for filming when I go hiking.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz