DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Class identification label

Mr Bowcat

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on taking my 2 SE to Cyprus next year, so have been reading up on requirements.

I only bought the drone earlier this month, so according to what I have read it should have come with a C0 sticker applied to it, which it did not. I assume then that the drone was actually manufactured before the beginning of this year and was new old stock.

Question is, should I get and apply the sticker? It appears that this is not strictly necessary as it will be classed as a legacy drone and classified on it's weight, but I'm wondering if it's a case of better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

B

Reactions: Cafguy
My recently purchased SE doesn't have a CO sticker why do you need it if someone wan to to know it's weight its got a sticker on the leg.

My recently purchased SE doesn't have a CO sticker why do you need it if someone wan to to know it's weight its got a sticker on the leg.
In Cyprus you MAY need that label. See Below. Depends when the Drone was made.

Question is, should I get and apply the sticker? It appears that this is not strictly necessary as it will be classed as a legacy drone and classified on it's weight, but I'm wondering if it's a case of better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

You will definitely need the C0 label in all the European countries. If your drone doesn't have the C0 label on it, it will be considered as a legacy drone (before 2024) and so equivalent to a C1 drone. To be legal, you will need to have that drone registered as a C1 and also have a EASA pilot certificate A1 / A3.

If the drone was bought recently you can ask DJI to send you the C0 label.

Reactions: Cafguy
Thanks for the advice guys. I contacted the place I bought it from, they said to contact DJI direct. Will ping them and email and see what they say.

Reactions: Max Headroom

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMA