DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cleaning up after a crash

Brojon

Reactions
Got my initial parts in for repairing my MP that landed in the mud and started to open it up to clean it out.
3 of the motors are clean but the 4th was really gunked up with silt.
I popped the cap and slowly dribbled hot water through the motor while tilting the arm away so water wouldn't go up inside. Then I blew out with compressed air, rinsed with alcohol to absorb and displace the water, blow out with air. Did this like 4 times before the water ran clear and the motor turned as freely as the rest.
I am concerned with this approach but couldn't see any other way.
Anyone have practical knowledge and ideas on this?

Got my initial parts in for repairing my MP that landed in the mud and started to open it up to clean it out.
3 of the motors are clean but the 4th was really gunked up with silt.
I popped the cap and slowly dribbled hot water through the motor while tilting the arm away so water wouldn't go up inside. Then I blew out with compressed air, rinsed with alcohol to absorb and displace the water, blow out with air. Did this like 4 times before the water ran clear and the motor turned as freely as the rest.
I am concerned with this approach but couldn't see any other way.
Anyone have practical knowledge and ideas on this?
I would have done it just the way you did it. Good luck.

Reactions: Brojon
It's a brushless motor, so all should be good. The "only fly in the ointmint" would be the motor bearings, but they are sealed. You can disassemble the motor to check the brgs. themselves,and you would feel any debris/grit that did get inside the brgs.

It's a brushless motor, so all should be good. The "only fly in the ointmint" would be the motor bearings, but they are sealed. You can disassemble the motor to check the brgs. themselves,and you would feel any debris/grit that did get inside the brgs.
brg's - bearings? Nope - I didn't feel any grit - I kept going until I felt nothing except the magnet bumps. I may go ahead and take 'em all apart just for peace of mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erpator