DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clear unnecessary files from smartphone

Heidelburger

Reactions
When clearing out duped flight vids from my smartphone (DJI_Record folder) I notice a load of old temp files. Anyone got experience of clearing these out
Also can I clear the CACHE_IMAGE folder. Anything else worth sweeping up?
In fact is there some way of setting DJI Go to dump all flight stuff (Vids Logs and temp files) on to my phone's sd card rather than Device storage

Last edited:
Reactions: MurMan
Ok cleared the cache bits from the DJI Home screen - me - cog wheel - clear cache - Bingo!
But I cant be the only one who wants all the flight vids saved to SD storage - Any clues?

Love these self help forums......
Checked loads of threads here and DJI forums and it seems the only answer is....
1. Manually move your Cache recordings from device storage to phone's sd
2. Regularly clear your cache folders
3. There is no '3'.That's All Folks - cue Loony Tunes Music....

Last edited:
When clearing out duped flight vids from my smartphone (DJI_Record folder) I notice a load of old temp files. Anyone got experience of clearing these out
Also can I clear the CACHE_IMAGE folder. Anything else worth sweeping up?
In fact is there some way of setting DJI Go to dump all flight stuff (Vids Logs and temp files) on to my phone's sd card rather than Device storage
I routinely clean all DJI duplicat files off my device before I fly (there are a lot.)

Love these self help forums......
Checked loads of threads here and DJI forums and it seems the only answer is....
1. Manually move your Cache recordings from device storage to phone's sd
2. Regularly clear your cache folders
3. There is no '3'.That's All Folks - cue Loony Tunes Music....

So how do you do 1.? From the phone, or do you plug your phone into the computer and browse to a folder?

So how do you do 1.? From the phone, or do you plug your phone into the computer and browse to a folder?
Phone not plugged in to anything
Go to:
My files....Device storage...DJI....DJI.GO v4.....DJI_Record and there you'll see your vids along with all the cache files
click the vid you want to move the click the 3 dots top right of the screen and you will see a 'MOVE' option
It will then give you the option to send it to the sd card BUT...
Re boot your phone to clear it before you start
Only try one file at a time and
Go and make a cup of tea....Its Slow!
Hence my quest for a better system
These low res phone vids are good fun to show peeps when your out and about and you can also muck about with DJI's little movie maker They're also good for checking shots before you finish a flight session but they're only a taster for your 4k maincourse. :)

Phone not plugged in to anything
Go to:
My files....Device storage...DJI....DJI.GO v4.....DJI_Record and there you'll see your vids along with all the cache files
click the vid you want to move the click the 3 dots top right of the screen and you will see a 'MOVE' option
It will then give you the option to send it to the sd card BUT...
Re boot your phone to clear it before you start
Only try one file at a time and
Go and make a cup of tea....Its Slow!
Hence my quest for a better system
These low res phone vids are good fun to show peeps when your out and about and you can also muck about with DJI's little movie maker They're also good for checking shots before you finish a flight session but they're only a taster for your 4k maincourse. :)

Ah, I see.Yup, that's way too slow. I've hooked up my phone (Android) to my PC, and browsed to a folder and deleted. I forget which folder it was though. I didn't care to keep any of those low-res files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexxorellana