DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Click when starting motors

monty.roman

Reactions
Hello guys. I just got a 2nd hand Air but there's something that makes me a little bit worried. When I start the motors and they start to spin slowly before accelerating to idle rpm, I hear "click" or "boing" when the propellers starts to spin. Drone flies perfectly fine and makes no unusual noise. Tried to start the motors without propellers and heard just a bearly hearable click which I believe is normal. Will post the video when I get home from work (I can try to capture the slow motion) but I'd like to hear some opinions. Maybe I'm just overreacting and this is perfectly normal :)

Last edited:
Hello guys. I just got a 2nd hand Air but there's something that makes me a little bit worried. When I start the motors and they start to spin slowly before accelerating to idle rpm, I hear "click" or "boing" when the propellers starts to spin. Drone flies perfectly fine and makes no unusual noise. Tried to start the motors without propellers and heard just a bearly hearable click which I believe is normal. Will post the video when I get home from work (I can try to capture the slow motion) but I'd like to hear some opinions. Maybe I'm just overreacting and this is perfectly normal :)
check to see if any of the small locking tabs under the central hub are missing on all the props there should be three on each one also do you unfold the props before you start motors always good practise to do so

check to see if any of the small locking tabs under the central hub are missing on all the props there should be three on each one also do you unfold the props before you start motors always good practise to do so

thanks for the answer.

Let me just correct you a little bit - on the Mavic Air there aren't three (like on Mavic Pro) but two locking tabs on each propeller and all of them seems to be fine. I've inspected all props for cracks or other wears.

About the propellers unfolding - that seems not possible since Air has unfoldable props.

sorry i thought the air had foldable props not solid ones can you feel any resistance when you spin the motors or hear any clicks could be the previous owner got sand or some other dirt in the motors i use an air puffer to blow mine through during maintenance

i don't feel any resistance when spinning all motors. I even tested and recalibrated the ESC with DJI Assistant just to be sure. During the flight everything is more than fine. I've asked some people and the sound is actually pretty normal startup but it just sound a little different because of non-foldable props.

Reactions: old man mavic
i don't feel any resistance when spinning all motors. I even tested and recalibrated the ESC with DJI Assistant just to be sure. During the flight everything is more than fine. I've asked some people and the sound is actually pretty normal startup but it just sound a little different because of non-foldable props.
i suppose they sound different perhaps you could compare it with another one of the same model

My Air definitely does not make a sound like that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent