DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Client needs indoor drone video, would the Air 3 extra sensors help over the 2s?

Not in atti mode. If you are close enough to the ground and enough light for vision positioning the OA sensors should work but not in atti mode.

In an 850k sqft warehouse that actually might be fun especially if they don’t have really tall shelving throughout the core. That’s where that DJI FPV drone might excel.

You might have more issues with low light though. Those warehouse buildings are usually pretty dimly lit. Usually they’ll have a lift at most warehouses and you could see if they’ll let you get up on one of those and fly from there so you can get a better view of the drone while flying around.
Thank you sir for your input. I obviously need to find somewhere that I could practice flying indoors since the Mavic 3 doesn't have the ability to switch to atti mode. I've been in one of their other warehouse facilities and they have a lot of lighting, so I don't believe that will be an issue. Hopefully there will be a prop guard option available soon.

Sounds like from those of you that know a lot of this was done with Kimball so I will attempt to get better at that I do have the RICO theta Z1 360 camera which is how I did the virtuals. Depending on how urgent they need to do this I might be able to get myself in a position to use this equipment and only the drone for the exterior flybys.

You can use the drone turned on but and just use that as a hand held gimbal, works pretty good.
Obviously props off and aircraft folded for easy of carrying.

Some drones even have special cradles by after market companies to use the drone for this purpose.
Not sure if the modern ones exist, but here's an example of one for the Mavic Pro M1P . . .

You can use the drone turned on but and just use that as a hand held gimbal, works pretty good.

Some drones even have special cradles by after market companies to use the drone for this purpose.
Not sure if the modern ones exist, but here's an example of one for the Mavic Pro M1P . . .

Here's one for the Mavic 3.

Thanks that's useful info I will check out that link. I do have a nice Panasonic G9 and decent powered gimbal for walkthrough video. I just did some testing at my gym today and I think that that may work and I'll use the drone for exterior footage. The bigger concern is my video editing skills are not great so I will have to get some practice on that to catch up.

Happy and safe flying!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I shot a construction video recently and used my a7iii on a RoninS gimbal for the interiors. Then I decided to give the Mavic 3 Cine a shot. I was amazed that even surrounded by all that steel I had GPS the entire time - and this was before the GPS firmware fix!

The problem quickly became the prop wash stirring up too much dust, but I was able to incorporate some of the interior drone footage.

I too am looking for advice on flying my Mavic 3 indoors. I'm in the process of providing bi-weekly construction progression video and photos of a 850K square ft warehouse facility on 55 acres. The client is requesting a fly through tour of the facility once it's complete. I have no experience flying indoors and I'm aware that without GPS, I'll basically be flying in atti mode. Will my sensors on the Mavic 3 help me from hitting a wall? I'm a few months out before this phase and want to be prepared.

Reactions: R.Cowan
That didn't look like Glendale, AZ to me, but then I realized it is Glendale, CA!

Here is a link to the most recent video they had done so people can better evaluate:

Reactions: R.Cowan
I shot a construction video recently and used my a7iii on a RoninS gimbal for the interiors. Then I decided to give the Mavic 3 Cine a shot. I was amazed that even surrounded by all that steel I had GPS the entire time - and this was before the GPS firmware fix!

The problem quickly became the prop wash stirring up too much dust, but I was able to incorporate some of the interior drone footage.

Hey Rocket, Great video! I'm here in Tucson as well. I took a Differential Equations class at PCC - that was fun, lol. Feel free to hit me up if you ever need assistance. I do work for a lot of (too many) realtors and architects/engineers here in southern Arizona.

Have a great weekend!

Sounds like from those of you that know a lot of this was done with Kimball so I will attempt to get better at that I do have the RICO theta Z1 360 camera which is how I did the virtuals. Depending on how urgent they need to do this I might be able to get myself in a position to use this equipment and only the drone for the exterior flybys.

I really don't want to attempt to fly a drone inside and judging from what you guys are noticing in the video it looks like that was possibly done very little if at all. I don't know how they would have taken on that risk as their insurance wouldn't cover that if the drone pilot clipped off an ear air with some propellers.
You don't especially need a 360 camera. You may want to consider something that shoots quality 4K that you can put on a gimbal. You can put it on a strong stick for the higher up shots that look like drone stuff. Guess it depends on how high end the company wants the video to be.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair