DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clifton, CO now NFZ???

Chaplain Dave

Reactions
Clifton, CO now a DJI NFZ???? What changed? The only thing I see on the map is they moved (incorrectly) the angle of the runways? I've lived here 40+ years and know where the flight paths are (not anywhere near me and out this far?). FAA and the Civil Air patrol at the airport is confused as well when I showed them.

Reactions: MTNHIGH
Typically you can get LAANC approval almost instantly even if a restriction pops up. I'm in Colordo Springs and within the 5 SM radius of KCOS. With a quick LAANC query I'm always good to go to the 100' AGL limit.

Maybe totally irrelevant, I've read on some other national sites there is a move to added security in fear of potential white supremacist domestic terrorist attacks. Let's waste more time and money on things that don't matter and will never happen. I don't know, as long as you aren't a registered voter or any shade of white, you shouldn't have problems.
Now seriously, I agree with the two responses above. I fly in an area with a lot of inactive private Cessna airports. First attempt may not allow me to go, reboot and everything is Palisade peachy. If you still have problems, don't be bashful about contacting local FAA. In the past I've found them very helpful, but that could be luck of the dial, they do work for us too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr