DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clipping issue

The youtube video looks like it was rendered at very low bitrate, if the original from the SD card really looks like that something is wrong.
It's very bizarre this footage was taken on the internal storage - I thought it may have been the SD card that was the issue but it's the same with the internal memory

Have you physically taken the SD card out of the Air, off loaded the video files and watched them?

hi Chirp. i tried manual on both settings today to film some rugby and i am still getting the same issue - it appears that a bar travels from left to right and "updates" the footage. ill attach a video below of todays footage. flew to around 50ft and got a message saying video transmission lost - lowered the drone to around 35m and got signal back.

this one was filmed 1080p with manual shutter settings and manual brightness/colour

T2, I don't know what is causing that 'update' going from left to right. I am more experienced with the photographic aspect of this science than the antenna system etc.

I don't know if your two problems (line left to right & losing video) are related. Hopefully one of the folks here will be able to work with you to figure it out...

Reactions: Tmr204
Have you physically taken the SD card out of the Air, off loaded the video files and watched them?
Hi Pedro. No I haven’t - it’s stored directly to the internal storage. Some footage is on the SD card but I assumed it would be like the spark - that When you download it you get the full video not a cached version.

Hi Pedro. No I haven’t - it’s stored directly to the internal storage. Some footage is on the SD card but I assumed it would be like the spark - that When you download it you get the full video not a cached version.

So to rule out definitely that you aren't viewing the cached video, do this:

Firstly I would take out the sd card, put it into a card reader, download any videos off that onto your PC or Mac and watch them. You can also check the properties of each file by right clicking, going to properties and click on the details tab, there you will see the format of the video file. This should show that it's 4K, 2.7K or 1080P file, depending upon what format you filmed them in. This will also show the recorded bitrate which will probably vary between 25 mbps for a 1080P file and 100mbps for a 4K file. If that's what it shows and playing that file still shows the issues you show in your videos above then I would suggest you have an issue with your camera.

You can do the same thing with the internal memory, connect your Air to a PC or Mac, turn your Air on and your PC or Mac should recognise the sd card as a drive where you can download the files, follow the same as above.

So to rule out definitely that you aren't viewing the cached video, do this:

Firstly I would take out the sd card, put it into a card reader, download any videos off that onto your PC or Mac and watch them. You can also check the properties of each file by right clicking, going to properties and click on the details tab, there you will see the format of the video file. This should show that it's 4K, 2.7K or 1080P file, depending upon what format you filmed them in. This will also show the recorded bitrate which will probably vary between 25 mbps for a 1080P file and 100mbps for a 4K file. If that's what it shows and playing that file still shows the issues you show in your videos above then I would suggest you have an issue with your camera.

You can do the same thing with the internal memory, connect your Air to a PC or Mac, turn your Air on and your PC or Mac should recognise the sd card as a drive where you can download the files, follow the same as above.
Thanks. I formatted the SD card to see if that solves the issue. Shot some more today on the internal memory. On my phone it’s still got the weird updating/Clipping. When plugged into a Mac it wasn’t doing the clipping. On the spark going to “media” in the dji go app and clicking “download” would mean you get the full res photo/video as well as the cached version. I don’t think this is the case with the MA. Thanks again for all your help

U can download video like the spark but only 1080p. (Because files are smaller) U must offload the 4k tho files are to big! Be sure u have og footage off the sd or internal not cached version

U can download video like the spark but only 1080p. (Because files are smaller) U must offload the 4k tho files are to big! Be sure u have og footage off the sd or internal not cached version
Thanks. Some of the earlier footage I posted was in 1080p but still has the updating/clipping on it

...On my phone it’s still got the weird updating/Clipping. When plugged into a Mac it wasn’t doing the clipping...
If it looks normal on your Mac but not your phone, it sounds like the phone is the issue. My still pictures appeared pixelated on my tablet even when viewing direct from the micro SD card. I discovered that the default viewing program was showing the thumbnail version.

This doesn't explain the samples you uploaded here. Were those uploaded directly from the SD card or a file copied from the card?

Hi everyone. I've had the spark prior to the mavic air so there's a few new things to me on this drone. One thing I've noticed is that when I watch the videos back I get a horrible clipping/constant update stream from left to right and look as if it's "updating" the pictures. I've attached a link to one below for you to see. Particularly noticeable on the grass.

I've also had some issues with range with losing transmission with the drone around 30m away I've got fully updated firmware and app. Using samsung galaxy s8+ with USB C connection.

Thanks in advance

Mavic air uses Wi-Fi that’s one of the main reasons I didn’t get the air the Mavic pro uses Occu sink, I read an article DGI has bought occu sink, Mavic Pro 2 will have this wonderful transmission, yesterday I flew 3 miles out on my land and recorded some go carting , just perfect not one glitch at all, transmission is just mind blowing , the best, phantom 4 uses light bridge tech and they are doing away with that as well, just can’t wait for Mavic Pro 2 and will have 1” sensor on camera

Reactions: Tmr204
If it looks normal on your Mac but not your phone, it sounds like the phone is the issue. My still pictures appeared pixelated on my tablet even when viewing direct from the micro SD card. I discovered that the default viewing program was showing the thumbnail version.

This doesn't explain the samples you uploaded here. Were those uploaded directly from the SD card or a file copied from the card?
It was filmed to the internal storage and then downloaded via WiFi to my phone then uploaded to YouTube from there.

I’ve noticed now that when you click download there is a message that appears saying that only 1080p videos can be downloaded all others must be done via USB.

I’ve also got a new SD card to see if that solves the problem!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet