DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cloud Surfing - Finally got a chance to do it!

Love the videos, great capture... This one is not technically in the clouds, its like the clouds came down to me.

YouTube

do you need to turn sensors off when in clouds /fog ?? ive heard of the drone not coming down because the downward vision sensors think its at ground level buts its the fog.

do you need to turn sensors off when in clouds /fog ?? ive heard of the drone not coming down because the downward vision sensors think its at ground level buts its the fog.
Good question - for which I have no definitive answer. I've been flying with my sensors off for about a year now, without incident. They caused more problems than they cured. But, it makes sense that the downward sensors might prevent you from descending through cloud cover. My trip down from this flight was through a cloud for a short distance. I am sure the sensors would have been going haywire during the descent.

Reactions: Inspirephil
i remember watching some guys youtube clip experiencing this issue some time ago . managed to find it again

I did not fly in the clouds but the clouds came to me, while maybe for but I had a neat flight. All settings were on auto and had no problem dropping back down through the fog to come home.

Reactions: Qoncussion

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet