DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Clouds - a hyperlapse

Fab and spellbinding. May I ask at what speed you were shooting the hyperlapse at? Would have been a big file I suspect.

Reactions: fignewton
Very nice work. And well chosen music. The segment beginning at 0:40 is particularly interesting.

Alaska certainly looks different without all the white stuff covering the ground.

Fab and spellbinding. May I ask at what speed you were shooting the hyperlapse at? Would have been a big file I suspect.
I think 3 of them were at 2sec intervals and one was at 3. I slowed down some sections by a small amount and obviously zoomed in digitally here and there. One attempted HL was abandoned as a military drone and its' companion helicopter flew directly overhead. That happened three times....I was only at 60 or so feet so I didn't freak out quite so much with later drone overflights. There's a nearby Army base but I'm not in a restricted zone or anything. The last one was done with a wide angle lens. I don' use it often but it's nice to have. Strangely, even after ascending to an appropriate 20 or 30 feet ( I tried both) and recalibrating the IMU, my drone refused (except once) to land on my landing pad with RTH command. I -think- I am going straight up. oh well.

I think 3 of them were at 2sec intervals and one was at 3. I slowed down some sections by a small amount and obviously zoomed in digitally here and there. One attempted HL was abandoned as a military drone and its' companion helicopter flew directly overhead. That happened three times....I was only at 60 or so feet so I didn't freak out quite so much with later drone overflights. There's a nearby Army base but I'm not in a restricted zone or anything. The last one was done with a wide angle lens. I don' use it often but it's nice to have. Strangely, even after ascending to an appropriate 20 or 30 feet ( I tried both) and recalibrating the IMU, my drone refused (except once) to land on my landing pad with RTH command. I -think- I am going straight up. oh well.
Ugh. Military drones! Sounds a bit serious. I haven’t really used HL on my MA2 so I have no idea how long you keep shooting to get what you got. Also why did you have to recalibrate your IMU?

Ugh. Military drones! Sounds a bit serious. I haven’t really used HL on my MA2 so I have no idea how long you keep shooting to get what you got. Also why did you have to recalibrate your IMU?
when your drone won't land accurately using Return to Home it's often suggested to recalibrate your IMU. My Mav3 only returned to my landing pad once out of 6 or 7 flights even after recalibrating my IMU after the first failure. It's also suggested to be sure to not do any inputs other than going straight up. I might be regularly turning the left control a bit so it's spinning a tiny bit as it goes up but in any case my drone only returns to home on the spot once in while. I live near an Army base as well as an Air Force base. It's fun to drive by Eielson and watch the jets cranking it up :).

I like it! It's amazing to me to see what clouds do in hyperlapse because when we watch in real time we usually don't take the time to watch them long enough to see how much they change as they float through the sky.

Nice hyperlapse. Great work. How were you able to zoom your hyperlapse? Is this something I can do on an Air 3?
That was done in post...Final Cut Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad