DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Coal Mine Canyon Arizona

Awesome!

Really cool video, although a bit long for my tastes. So, it's called Coal Mine Canyon but there was never really a strip mine there, right? It looks too natural. I love the cows hanging out nearby.

Really cool video, although a bit long for my tastes. So, it's called Coal Mine Canyon but there was never really a strip mine there, right? It looks too natural. I love the cows hanging out nearby.
Thanks everyone. Its an awesome area and seldom visited, probably because it cannot be seen from the road. I used Google Earth to find the dirt road leading to the Canyon as it just appears to be a flat Mesa from the main road. There is coal in the sedimentary layers, you can see it in the video and much of the coloring comes from the coal and iron oxidation. Not enough to mine though. I'm not into meditating but if I was this would be the perfect place to do it, nature at its finest!

Reactions: jambros3
A great video, I Loved it and would love to go see it. my question is how did the OP get permission to fly there.

Reactions: AzJT
This is how our hobby gets ruined.
Not really- it just takes some research and flying responsibility. You’re lucky you live in the western US, there is so much open public land out here with so few restrictions on flying drones.

…but also, people should keep in mind that public access to special places like this that are currently open to visitors can get shut down. It happened at one of my favorite places to go on the Rez when I was younger and they closed it due to vandalism. Not saying flying there was such a horrible thing to do, it’s just that people need to check in and get permission before going and doing stuff somewhere belonging to others, public or private.

Last edited:
Not really- it just takes some research and flying responsibility. You’re lucky you live in the western US, there is so much open public land out here with so few restrictions on flying drones.
But that's the problem. A lot of drone pilots are not doing their research. That's why I said that this is how our hobby gets ruined. This is why we keep getting more and more restrictions put in place.

Reactions: AMann
Please Stay on topic

Reactions: AMann and WShade

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas