DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 "Coast to Coast" aerial series #6. Colorado

awesome video!

Reactions: CvCow
I would encourage you to fly at lower altitudes most of the time and get a lot closer to your subjects and landforms. Use the gimbal to dramatic effect. You visited some awesome locales with a whole lot of great features. It's fine to capture highways and towns for travel documentation, but you have enough footage to do an edit of just the natural features. Soften up your gimbal speed and smoothness as well as EXP in settings. Yaw and directional changes mid-flight don't work unless you can perform VERY gentle turns. You typically want to maintain an axial relationship with some feature or object. Setting a Spotlight box around something in the distance will allow you to fly up/down/sideways/forward/backwards to a more graceful cinematic effect without the jarring visual disturbance that occurs when panning around a vertical axis.

Last edited:
Very nice video overall. Yes, do some shots lower. Remember the rule of threes when shooting: Change what's in the shot, change the angle and change the focal length. It was too long. Needs to be half the length. I recommend cutting out all the overexposed shots in the middle and a few others here and there, especially since that looks bad compared to the other shots you exposed perfectly that look soooo nice. Thank for sharing.

Reactions: Borvish
Very nice video overall. Yes, do some shots lower. Remember the rule of threes when shooting: Change what's in the shot, change the angle and change the focal length. It was too long. Needs to be half the length. I recommend cutting out all the overexposed shots in the middle and a few others here and there, especially since that looks bad compared to the other shots you exposed perfectly that look soooo nice. Thank for sharing.
Thanks!
awesome video!
Thanks!

Generally, a nicely performed flight, but I do have to agree with my comrades here that I would like to have seen it much shorter in length, and closer to the ground.

Dale

Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King