DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold temperature warning

ThorDar

Reactions
Anyone else had this message pop up? I'm not too concerned about it because it was -13C with a -18C windchill and I had been mostly hovering. I did go straight from a warm car so the battery was warm to start. The message didn't come up until about three minutes into the flight. It does seem to indicate the Mini doesn't handle cold as well as bigger drones, which makes sense. I've flown my Mavic Pro at -25C for 15 minutes with no issues (other than my fingers going numb).

temp too low 2.jpg

I have not but you can warm the battery indoors by powering on sitting on desk.

That's not practical in my case, I have to drive some to get to places to fly but as I mentioned, it was already at room temperature because it went from the house to a warm car then straight to launch from a warm car.

I keep my batteries in my pocket when it’s cold and never had that warning. Now it don’t get below freezing much here
but I have had condensation on my lens taking it from my warm truck to the cold outside. I try to acclimate my drone
as much as possible before I put a battery in.

I got that warning today. The MM was in a warm car until I started flying in -13C temps. A couple of minutes into the flight, the message above popped up. I acknowledged it and continued flying for another 10 minutes and nothing much happened. I quit when I got the message that my phone connection to the controller was getting iffy and charging was no longer occurring.. (Can't remember the exact wording). The drone still had about 50% battery indicated.

I rcvd. the same msg. 3 separate times when the temp. was 10F. I took the drone and battery from a warm house outside and rcvd. a small paragraph saying that the temp. was too cold and the aircraft may have issues flying at over 5 mph and should be flown under 1 meter in height. The msg. was suggesting that the AC may suffer damage. I repeated the same procedure and got same msg. I then left drone on my deck for 20 minutes hoping to acclimate to weather but I then got msg. that battery was too cold, land immediately, and also rcvd. the previous paragraph msg. My questions is: Does flying in the cold cause damage directly to the drone? Is the msg. suggesting that damage may result indirectly from a crash caused by flight inconsistencies, or damage will result just by flying? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter