DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Collision avoidance

Gioba59

Reactions
Hi
yesterday I was flying the Mavic pro 2 in very open country field and 2 times in different spots the collision avoidance signal come up.
The drone was about 150 feet up and again absolutely nothing around. Any idea what could of happened ?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Hi
yesterday I was flying the Mavic pro 2 in very open country field and 2 times in different spots the collision avoidance signal come up.
The drone was about 150 feet up and again absolutely nothing around. Any idea what could of happened ?

If the sun (or any other very bright light source) was low in the sky it could have triggered the collision avoidance sensors.

Photo looks great but I think that filter doesn't have any impact on avoidance sensors
I will go back to the same place and do it again this time I will pay attention if it happens toward the sun.

You were _way_ to close to that sun and the collision avoidance stopped before it collided.

- Icarus

Reactions: zzxrox
Sun and birds are the usual culprits for this sort of thing. Low sun (sunrise/sunset) it is particularly common. The ND filter you use on the camera lens has absolutely nothing to do with the obstacle avoidance sensor system

Happened to me the other day the sun made my Mavic Pro. Come to halt in a middle of a field 100’ in the air.

I was worried so tested this as I saw other threads saying the sun can cause this and sure enough that’s what it was

Reactions: Gioba59
My obstacle avoidance sensors really cause problems. I was flying at 400feet and was trying to get home after a long flight and it kept stopping the drone. It almost seems like the system is too sensitive. It was clear. No objects. I had to take over the drone and turn off the avoidance system to get it home because every 10 seconds or so the drone would stop, the alarm would go off.
Any ideas? I tried cleaning the sensors....but it still happens.

I ended up re calibrating the visual sensors and I haven't had the problem since. So for all of those out there having this problem try recalibration.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman