DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Color/Saturation Changed?

You'r
I’ll try it, but doesn’t D-Cinelike have even less color than the Normal color profile?

That’s what the comparison videos are showing anyway.
Are you thinking of D-log?

Android or iOs?
iOS.

But instead of downgrading my GO app, which was proving virtually impossible, I decided to upgrade my firmwares to .800

That got rid of the annoying 30m restriction message and my colors still look great. Apparently .700 firmware has consistency problems with the newer GO4 app versions.

I don’t know how in the world more people haven’t noticed the terrible colors in the newest .000 update. I feel sorry for all the new Mavic owners who will think that it’s normal.

You'r
Are you thinking of D-log?
I watched some comparison videos of the different color profiles, and D-Cinelike was showing less color than the Normal profile.

But maybe the guy was using an old firmware or something where it was different.

I have not downgraded yet, but did a bit more extensive testing. I took a 5 second clip of the same scene in the first 7 modes in "landscape style" (+1,+1,0) and then analyzed them in Davinci Resolve 14. Immediately it showed that both D-Log and D-Cinelike end up muddying up the colors dramatically. Even after a good amount of grading, there was no way to eliminate the muddying and graying out of the low-contrast colors. In order to extend the highlight and shadow details, the midrange ends up compressed too much causing a lot of this muddying.

I found the NORMAL mode by far the best and most "workable". Yes, it does not offer quite as much flexibility in enhancing the shadows or the highlights for that matter, but overall, it by far minimizes that muddying effect and presents to most detailed, pleasing video. Using Resolve, I lightly reduced the highlights, increased the gain a little, increased saturation to 55 and increased the midtone details to 30. Applied very light sharpening. For final production I would add a light temporal noise reduction to minimize the possible pulsing "P-frame degradation noise" (5 frames, fast, small set to about 30). Takes a bit of processing, but the result is fantastic.

During a bright afternoon flight I found that the best combination seems to be NORMAL with “no” style (0,0,0). That combination leaves a bit of room to grade and possibly sharpen while minimizing the color muddying effect of the d-style modes.

After some more tests I am going back to use D-Cinelike. Still the best of the bunch if you have to deal with harsh lighting conditions

I went back to .900 and I'm staying there!! I dont need quickshots modes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christer