DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Colorado River August 2021

mikegrad

Reactions
Just some fun i had shooting the river and mountains with my new Air2s. Was nice to get out of NY and fly in some wide open spaces.

I dont do much cinematic work, as you can see from the video. I need some practice to make my turns smoother, or do some post processing to edit them out! Any constructive criticism is appreciated!

Edit: updated URL with improved, 4K version
Colorado River Aug 2011

Last edited:
I like it! Beautiful great outdoors - Hard to go wrong. I see what you're saying about the turns. If I may, look into your settings. There is a way for you to change the setting to smooth out the yaw and gimble tilt, etc. I don't know about the MA2, but on my Mini2 (I know way different) I can change the settings in Cine, Normal and Sport modes. It makes the sticks 'less sensitive' to input causing smoother movement. And as you stated, practice, practice, practice. I like how you did that half orbit around the rafts there near the end.

Do you live in/near NYC? I've heard (not been) there are some very beautiful areas up state NY! Lake Ontario might a good place to get some scenic shots.

Just some fun i had shooting the river and mountains with my new Air2s. Was nice to get out of NY and fly in some wide open spaces.

I dont do much cinematic work, as you can see frm the video. I need some practice to make my turns smoother, or do some post processing to edit them out! Any constructive critisim is appreciated!

Colorado River Aug 2011
Nice vid.

Can you please tell me
1. What frame rate you FILMED in (eg 24fps)
2. What frame rate you RENDERED in to create your edited video (with music)?

The reason I ask is because your video noticeably “judders” when I watch it. Given how slow you are flying, this should not have occurred. I strongly suspect it’s an issue you have accidentally introduced in your editing phase.

As others suggested, looking into your settings as well as practice will improve the smoothness of your footage. Also, what software do you use for editing ? Looks like that either your timeline or export settings should be looked into, that is most likely the culprit for the footage "stutter". Your timeline frame rate settings should match the frame rate of the recorded video, your render frame rate should match the frame rate of your timeline frame rate. To make it simple, say your recorded in 24f/s, timeline 24f/s, render export 24f/s. Hope that helps in any way.

I like it! Beautiful great outdoors - Hard to go wrong. I see what you're saying about the turns. If I may, look into your settings. There is a way for you to change the setting to smooth out the yaw and gimble tilt, etc. I don't know about the MA2, but on my Mini2 (I know way different) I can change the settings in Cine, Normal and Sport modes. It makes the sticks 'less sensitive' to input causing smoother movement. And as you stated, practice, practice, practice. I like how you did that half orbit around the rafts there near the end.

Do you live in/near NYC? I've heard (not been) there are some very beautiful areas up state NY! Lake Ontario might a good place to get some scenic shots.
Im just north of the city in Westchester. lucky for me i can fly out of my backyard, but i cant do too much. have to travel a bit further north to get some good places to fly.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Nice vid.

Can you please tell me
1. What frame rate you FILMED in (eg 24fps)
2. What frame rate you RENDERED in to create your edited video (with music)?

The reason I ask is because your video noticeably “judders” when I watch it. Given how slow you are flying, this should not have occurred. I strongly suspect it’s an issue you have accidentally introduced in your editing phase.
so i think it was 4k at 30fps. I would have to verify. This was a quick edit and creation on my iphone in imovie while we were still on the road. Im trying to re-do it in imovie on my mac, hopefully to export at a higher resolution.

As others suggested, looking into your settings as well as practice will improve the smoothness of your footage. Also, what software do you use for editing ? Looks like that either your timeline or export settings should be looked into, that is most likely the culprit for the footage "stutter". Your timeline frame rate settings should match the frame rate of the recorded video, your render frame rate should match the frame rate of your timeline frame rate. To make it simple, say your recorded in 24f/s, timeline 24f/s, render export 24f/s. Hope that helps in any way.
It does thanks. Im going to try this now in my re-editing on my mac.

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic

I dont do much cinematic work, as you can see frm the video. I need some practice to make my turns smoother, or do some post processing to edit them out! Any constructive critisim is appreciated!

Colorado River Aug 2011
Could not view it. Clicking on the link brings up “this video is private … authentication error, please select a different account” ??

Updated video! also exported in 4k and uploaded to youtube

iMovie probably isnt ht most advanced tool for this, but its all i need at the moment. I wasn't able to (or dont know how) to change the frame rates on editing in iMovie, but there was a tool called "stabilization" which seems to have fixed alot of issues.

Colorado River Aug 2011

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada