DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comparing with Autel Lite +

I have both and both have the same specs and produce pretty much the same in quality. However, when it comes to still images, in my personal opinion, the Autel EVO Lite + comes out on top. I would say the video of the Air 2s wins (although just slightly better).

The weakness of the Air2s seems to be the lens, I had an Air2s and it showed significant corner softness on the bottom right side, apparently other samples had lenses with better quality. The Autel Lite+ on the other hand has a narrower angle lens (29mm) than the Air2s's wider (22.5mm) lens, but it's very sharp corner to corner.

Has anyone noticed more problems with Autel drones? I have several DJI drones and an Autel Nano Plus. I had not done much flying of the Nano until recently, and had some big problems. One was that the gimbal suddenly tilted during flight and stayed tilted. This happened in 2 flights. Another two times, just in powering up the Nano to start, the gimbal stayed tilted (even after "self-checking") and didn't correct. A third time it did correct itself to horizontal.

In the last 3 flights, however, the Nano has suddenly gone wonky and stopped responding to controls, or suddenly started flying in a certain direction regardless of stick input, at a point when there was still quite adequate battery charge left, and also the drone was low and closeby, and not in any significant winds. Eg, the drone was within 20 ft of me and at about 10 to 15 ft altitude. Wind is 6-8mph, light, will barely cause a DJI drone to blink.

Twice recently as I was bringing the Nano in to launch point to land, it suddenly started flying in a different direction than I was navigating it. One of these incidents caused it to hit a nearby low tree branch and then fall about 8 ft to the ground. This crash doesn't seem to have damaged it, but this is really not acceptable for a drone to not respond to controls for no discernable reason, especially if it darts away from where I'm navigating it to go try for "suicide by tree.":mad::oops:

BTW this wonky non-response to stick controls seems to only happen when the drone is closer to me, not when it's further away.

I've never had any such things happen with any of my DJI drones, which I've flown a lot more often.

Has anyone noticed more problems with Autel drones? I have several DJI drones and an Autel Nano Plus. I had not done much flying of the Nano until recently, and had some big problems. One was that the gimbal suddenly tilted during flight and stayed tilted. This happened in 2 flights. Another two times, just in powering up the Nano to start, the gimbal stayed tilted (even after "self-checking") and didn't correct. A third time it did correct itself to horizontal.

In the last 3 flights, however, the Nano has suddenly gone wonky and stopped responding to controls, or suddenly started flying in a certain direction regardless of stick input, at a point when there was still quite adequate battery charge left, and also the drone was low and closeby, and not in any significant winds. Eg, the drone was within 20 ft of me and at about 10 to 15 ft altitude. Wind is 6-8mph, light, will barely cause a DJI drone to blink.

Twice recently as I was bringing the Nano in to launch point to land, it suddenly started flying in a different direction than I was navigating it. One of these incidents caused it to hit a nearby low tree branch and then fall about 8 ft to the ground. This crash doesn't seem to have damaged it, but this is really not acceptable for a drone to not respond to controls for no discernable reason, especially if it darts away from where I'm navigating it to go try for "suicide by tree.":mad::oops:

BTW this wonky non-response to stick controls seems to only happen when the drone is closer to me, not when it's further away.

I've never had any such things happen with any of my DJI drones, which I've flown a lot more often.
1) Try setting the nano+ to 'ludicrous', this should disable the obstacle avoidance. The O/A in the nano's has been reported many times as being a cause of some really odd in-flight behaviour.

2) Do the controller and stick calibration a number of times. Storing the controller in the bag with the sticks pushed and held off centre for periods of time can cause problems with any drone.

3) Pay close attention to your TOAL point. Any ferrous metallics? I was once stupid enough to use a circular man-hole cover as a solid TOAL and my nano+ went bananas.

Reactions: Hermey
1) Try setting the nano+ to 'ludicrous', this should disable the obstacle avoidance. The O/A in the nano's has been reported many times as being a cause of some really odd in-flight behaviour.

2) Do the controller and stick calibration a number of times. Storing the controller in the bag with the sticks pushed and held off centre for periods of time can cause problems with any drone.

3) Pay close attention to your TOAL point. Any ferrous metallics? I was once stupid enough to use a circular man-hole cover as a solid TOAL and my nano+ went bananas.
Thanks so much! I haven't actually gone through the App that much so I haven't even tried changing the flight mode. I don't store the controller with sticks attached....

What is TOAL? Do you mean the launch point or home point? In the 2 cases where I had the most erratic flying, I had launched from the asphalt road surface next to my car, and there were power lines nearby...maybe those caused some of the problem?

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Thanks so much! I haven't actually gone through the App that much so I haven't even tried changing the flight mode. I don't store the controller with sticks attached....

What is TOAL? Do you mean the launch point or home point? In the 2 cases where I had the most erratic flying, I had launched from the asphalt road surface next to my car, and there were power lines nearby...maybe those caused some of the problem?
TOAL = Take Off And Land

"...asphalt next to my car..." which is a big box of ferrous metals with added magnetic bits... One of my DJI drones doesn't miss a beat when used near my car. Another gets skittish then barfs up the 'magnetic interference - calibrate compass' warning and the Nano+ absolutely hated it.

...and try a compass calibration, even if there is no compass problem flagged in the app, recalibrating your compass isn't a bad idea.

If memory serves me right: you can disable the O/A sensors through the app menu screen, try that before whacking it into 'ludicrous' as this flight mode can be a little.... frisky

"...asphalt next to my car..." which is a big box of ferrous metals with added magnetic bits... One of my DJI drones doesn't miss a beat when used near my car. Another gets skittish then barfs up the 'magnetic interference - calibrate compass' warning and the Nano+ absolutely hated it.

...and try a compass calibration, even if there is no compass problem flagged in the app, recalibrating your compass isn't a bad idea.

If memory serves me right: you can disable the O/A sensors through the app menu screen, try that before whacking it into 'ludicrous' as this flight mode can be a little.... frisky
Good advice, thank you! I'll try these things and then. when I get a chance, try a flight far from any car or power lines and see how the Nano+ does....

Good advice, thank you! I'll try these things and then. when I get a chance, try a flight far from any car or power lines and see how the Nano+ does....
Fingers crossed you have a better time of it. One of the major annoyances with the nano+ I had was an almost constant 'gimbal calibrating' error flagged up on the flight screen... that and the way it insisted that bright sunlight was an obstacle and either stopped dead or swerved to one side. Drove me nuts.
Best of luck.

Fingers crossed you have a better time of it. One of the major annoyances with the nano+ I had was an almost constant 'gimbal calibrating' error flagged up on the flight screen... that and the way it insisted that bright sunlight was an obstacle and either stopped dead or swerved to one side. Drove me nuts.
Best of luck.
Thanks! I got the Nano+ because I wanted to try a non-DJI drone, and I liked the idea of no inbuilt geofencing. But I haven't actually had much reason to fly the Nano+, because I love my DJI drones so much, and they've generally been problem-free, except for the one relatively small issue of how I can find I've been logged out of the DJI Fly app at inconvenient times.

Thanks! I got the Nano+ because I wanted to try a non-DJI drone, and I liked the idea of no inbuilt geofencing. But I haven't actually had much reason to fly the Nano+, because I love my DJI drones so much, and they've generally been problem-free, except for the one relatively small issue of how I can find I've been logged out of the DJI Fly app at inconvenient times.
Pretty much the same reasons I bought the Autel too. DJI giving me the automatic bums-rush out of my account being the last straw, I was one of those people who drove nearly 200 miles to a paid gig to find that: a) DJI had logged me out, and b) the location was in a mobile phone signal black hole. Now, the evening before I head out, I check my kit, charge all batteries AND make sure both GO4 and FLY apps are logged in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormy2024