DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass and IMU Calibration?

jaysrmc

Reactions
Hey guys, I see guys talking about having to calibrate the compass and IMU but I have never had to do it. The app only prompted to do it once when I first got it. I do not fly in the same places, most of the time they are at min 50 miles apart. It won't let me manually do it so I am confused why some get prompted more often than others. The last time I flew to another state I didn't have to calibrate anything.. Just a bit confused.

I don't think it's common to have to do either. Initially upon receipt and activation I would do it whether prompted or not. Who knows what the package has been through. I also do it after any updates to the aircraft. After that I would just check both on startup and if everything is good then so be it. Fifty miles isn't far enough to require re-calibration. I'm not sure why you say that you cannot do it manually; this has always been possible from the Go4 app.

I don't think it's common to have to do either. Initially upon receipt and activation I would do it whether prompted or not. Who knows what the package has been through. I also do it after any updates to the aircraft. After that I would just check both on startup and if everything is good then so be it. Fifty miles isn't far enough to require re-calibration. I'm not sure why you say that you cannot do it manually; this has always been possible from the Go4 app.

I will have to double check in about 10 minutes.

I will have to double check in about 10 minutes.
You can get to the compass calibration really easily... Just flip the sports mode switch up and down five times, and the compass calibration screen will appear. I've put almost 200 miles on my Mavic, and have only calibrated the compass a handful of times. The IMU - never. I started off on a Phantom 2, and know what a wonky IMU flight looks like. My Mavic flies perfectly after its first year in the air. I will calibrate the IMU if needed - no worries there, but if it ain't broke...

The compass can also be calibrated from the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Compass.jpg

Check out the Mavic Compass Calibration Guide for details on when you should recalibrate the compass.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
algirasingh