DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Calibration

MJ224

Reactions
MY M A 1 is abut 18 months old, fairly lightly used and to date worked perfectly. In the last coupe of sessions, the compass has needed to be calibrated. First time in 18 months. Have I just been lucky,or is there any tale to tell. Have to say calibrating the compass only takes a minute or so....:))

MY M A 1 is abut 18 months old, fairly lightly used and to date worked perfectly. In the last coupe of sessions, the compass has needed to be calibrated. First time in 18 months. Have I just been lucky,or is there any tale to tell. Have to say calibrating the compass only takes a minute or so....:))

There are many threads on this : Here is the scoop the way we see it. Before doing a Compass Calibration in a place where your drone may be negatively effected by Magnetic interference , you should do everything you can before calibrating : such as changing location , restarting the drone and the controller before doing a Compass Calibration .

The idea from many of the Experts is that if you do try to beat the magnetic interference with a Compass Calibration , you are doing more harm than good.
Than if you cannot get past the Compass Calibration . Find a place where you are 100% safe to Calibrate .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Reactions: MJ224
There are many threads on this : Here is the scoop the way we see it. Before doing a Compass Calibration in a place where your drone may be negatively effected by Magnetic interference , you should do everything you can before calibrating : such as changing location , restarting the drone and the controller before doing a Compass Calibration .

The idea from many of the Experts is that if you do try to beat the magnetic interference with a Compass Calibration , you are doing more harm than good.
Than if you cannot get past the Compass Calibration . Find a place where you are 100% safe to Calibrate .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Thanks for the info, its easy enough to calibrate.I was wondering whether i had stored the drone badly...:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+