DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error

Bodpat68

Reactions
Under a nice evningflight end for about 20 minuts of flight end My mavic pro was 1,9 km from me it suddenly give a warning
Of compass error and it went in to ATTI mode.
Is it possiblie that My Strobon Strobelight could cause this problem.?
Placement of Strobon is just behind gimbol on top of Drone
And one on the Dji logo there green led is

Patrik// Sweden

Under a nice evningflight end for about 20 minuts of flight end My mavic pro was 1,9 km from me it suddenly give a warning
Of compass error and it went in to ATTI mode.
Placement of Strobon is just behind gimbol on top of Drone
And one on the Dji logo there green led is

Patrik// Sweden

Without seeing the logs all I can tell you is the GPS unit is right where that logo is. I would try to find a different placement even if that wasn’t what

The strobe on my MP1 is on the rear logo above the rear light, i.e. aft face, not on top. I've had no problems with it there.

My mavic pro was 1,9 km from me it suddenly give a warning of compass error and it went in to ATTI mode.
Yes, it's possible, if the strobes have some steel components or electrical currents close enough to your compass to affect it.
But if the compass error was due to the strobes, the mystery would be why it flew 1.9 km without an error first.

The compass error issue is only related to the compass and not the GPS.
If GPS reception was affected, that would reduce the satellites received but not cause a compass error.

Without seeing the logs all I can tell you is the GPS unit is right where that logo is. I would try to find a different placement even if that wasn’t what

Okey.
I Will try to post My flightlogg
Tonight , europén Time

Actually the compass error and ATTI mode (exit P-GPS mode) are related. main reason is that the aircraft GPS mode is useless and strongly unreliable without correct values given by compass (it's like if somebody placed you in a room blindfolded, spun you around an told you to go to the door. You know exactly where are the door but you have no idea which way you're facing) so it switches to Attitude mode automatically because in this scenario the ATTI mode is the most reliable option (despite the fact that the drone isn't horizontally stabilized).

Actually the compass error and ATTI mode (exit P-GPS mode) are related.
Post #2 was suggesting that the GPS antenna may have been blocked by placement of the strobes.
But that was not the issue.
As described, the issue was a compass error which normally forces the drone into atti mode.
But that's a symptom and not the cause in this case.

Post #2 was suggesting that the GPS antenna may have been blocked by placement of the strobes.
But that was not the issue.
As described, the issue was a compass error which normally forces the drone into atti mode.
But that's a symptom and not the cause in this case.

Im not saying thats the cause what Im saying is I wouldn't want anything metal or electronic on top of my GPS unit. full stop

Reactions: Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure