DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass fails to calibrate

derekhhh

Reactions
Problem? App keeps saying there's strong magnetic interference (I've tried several locations now, mostly remote). When I go to calibrate, it fails every time. I calibrate with nothing near the drone, nothing in my pockets, no remote close by, etc.

I tried reinstalling the app... only to find a new problem. I click "Connect to Device". I go through all the steps until it tells me to hold the button on the bottom of the drone for 4 seconds. It then says "connection successuly"... then brings me right back to the screen that says "Connect to Device"... It just keeps doing this now after I reinstalled DJI GO 4.
Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: switched battery out. In a new battery I can take off, but it only lets me fly up to like 30ft, then it says maximum altitude reached, despite how I set the max altitude to 500ft

What device are you using? Android, Unihertz Atom. Also tried using another android phone. Both phones are a bit on the low-end side (not sure if that has any effect)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version of DJI Go 4

Any modification? its all a stock unit

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?
No I don't sorry

Hi derekhhh. Not sure how much help I can provide. You haven’t told us which drone you are flying. That would help identify which app you should be using.
As for the height restriction, are you signed in to your DJI account? If not that will cause you flight restriction issues.

Problem? App keeps saying there's strong magnetic interference (I've tried several locations now, mostly remote). When I go to calibrate, it fails every time. I calibrate with nothing near the drone, nothing in my pockets, no remote close by, etc.
Go into your app settings and look at the Sensors section to see what it tells you about the compass.
Persistent failure to calibrate can be caused by a disconnected compass.

I tried reinstalling the app... only to find a new problem. I click "Connect to Device". I go through all the steps until it tells me to hold the button on the bottom of the drone for 4 seconds. It then says "connection successuly"... then brings me right back to the screen that says "Connect to Device"... It just keeps doing this now after I reinstalled DJI GO 4.
Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: switched battery out. In a new battery I can take off, but it only lets me fly up to like 30ft, then it says maximum altitude reached, despite how I set the max altitude to 500ft

What device are you using? Android, Unihertz Atom. Also tried using another android phone. Both phones are a bit on the low-end side (not sure if that has any effect)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version of DJI Go 4

Any modification? its all a stock unit

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? No I don't sorry

That behavior is strongly suggestive of magnetization of something on the aircraft itself. The calibration process is to subtract the aircraft's magnetic field, but if that field is too strong then calibration will fail. At that point the only cure is to demagnetize the aircraft (especially metal components near the compass module) with a degaussing tool.

I believe the drones that link by pressing the power button for 4 seconds are controlled by DJI Fly not DJI Go 4. I switch between MP2 and Air 2S. They two different controlling apps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929