DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Redundancy Error

mikeGR

Reactions
So I am at the beach and was getting ready to fly. Mavic sits on its landing pad, locked in 17 satellites and while I'm doing the last pre-flight checks the app throws a compass redundancy error-switched to compass no1. I checked the compasses and they do dance around having a 30 degrees difference between them, no idea why. I flew from another beach 2km from here yesterday and had no issues whatsoever (even in sports mode). If I were anywhere else I would have guessed it's some sort of interference but here it looks highly unlikely.

Any guesses? I wouldn't want to calibrate the compass since I see no reason why it would have lost its proper calibration over the course of one day.

So I am at the beach and was getting ready to fly. Mavic sits on its landing pad, locked in 17 satellites and while I'm doing the last pre-flight checks the app throws a compass redundancy error-switched to compass no1. I checked the compasses and they do dance around having a 30 degrees difference between them, no idea why. I flew from another beach 2km from here yesterday and had no issues whatsoever (even in sports mode). If I were anywhere else I would have guessed it's some sort of interference but here it looks highly unlikely.

Any guesses? I wouldn't want to calibrate the compass since I see no reason why it would have lost its proper calibration over the course of one day.

Update: I was confused thinking that compass interference is measured in degrees, sorry for the above. Having moved to a different location , I can see that interference value varies a lot for each compass, it isn't stable over time. Is this normal? Also compass 2 on most times has higher interference compared to compass 1. I'm always on the green though, would you guys just ignore the warning and fly?

My compass 2 also shows slightly more green than number 1.
I have not had any issues.

My compass 2 also shows slightly more green than number 1.
I have not had any issues.

Do the interference readings also fluctuate over time, even if the drone is just turned on and waiting but engines not running?

Do the interference readings also fluctuate over time, even if the drone is just turned on and waiting but engines not running?
Unfortunately, I can not comment on that, because I don't check the readings regularly enough to say for certain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25