DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass requires calibration before every takeoff.

Skipholiday

Reactions
I'm not sure what the issue is. With my P3Pro and my P4 I use an Nvidia Shield for the screen with no issues.
Ive used an iPhone6S plus for the display with my Mavic Pro until recently. I purchased a mount to use the shield for the MP also
Big mistake. Compass would never calibrate. I gave up trying after several days of trying different ideas.
Now everytime I fly the MP it has to be calibrated or it will not fly. Could the compass be messed up?

Thanks

I'm not sure, do you get any warning messages when you try to calibrate it?

I'm not sure, do you get any warning messages when you try to calibrate it?
No warnings and it completes calibration without an issue, I takeoff from the same place most of the time so this is new. But happenes every time if I restart or change the battery.

Reactions: LoveJoy
No warnings and it completes calibration without an issue, I takeoff from the same place most of the time so this is new. But happenes every time if I restart or change the battery.

Hmmm I'm not sure. I'll do some digging and see if there's a solution.

Reactions: Skipholiday
Where are you taking off from, how much metal is around you?

Always check the surroundings too. That magnetic interference makes a big difference too. Your controller will tell you whats what if the compass swing (calibration) works, or if there's heavy interference.

Suggest you go out to a very clear area, middle of field etc.
Start up your MP and just wait a few minutes for it to lock onto Sats and GPS is firm.
Without taking off pick up MP and whilst turning it in a 360 watch what the Icon in the radar is doing, does it reflect the position of MP.
You will then know if it requires a calibration. Especially if you get a warning to do so.
Also I am a bit confused about you saying it always need to be calibrated but you get no warnings, how do you know it needs calibrating?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ