DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Completely confused newbie!

wannaflyTAS

Reactions
I'm really confused...

Have purchased a Mavic Pro & haven't been able to get airborne...keep getting Mag Interf Check App message on controller

Have tried uninstalling & re-installing DJI Go4 app (another question...should I be using DJI GO 4 For drones since P4 or for products before P4 app? What is P4?? )

Have tried going to middle of a paddock, away from any metal...this message keep being displayed. I can't get past it...so haven't even been able to start the drone, let alone fly it!

Have watched various videos...one showed starting is move both toggles 'inwards & down'...another showed 'outwards & down'...which is correct?

If you have tried to start it in a few locations and its still asking you to calibrate the compass, go ahead and do it. It's not unusual in a new drone to ask this from you.

In and down is what I’ve been doing.
Not sure what your looking at, but p4 to me is a phantom 4.
If you have the DJI go4 app, you have the right one. And it does include the p4.

Reactions: dirkclod
If you have tried to start it in a few locations and its still asking you to calibrate the compass, go ahead and do it. It's not unusual in a new drone to ask this from you.
Thanks for the reply...it hasn't even got to the 'calibrate the compass'....

If you have the DJI go4 app, you have the right one. And it does include the p4.
Thank you

I'm really confused...

Have purchased a Mavic Pro & haven't been able to get airborne...keep getting Mag Interf Check App message on controller

Have tried uninstalling & re-installing DJI Go4 app (another question...should I be using DJI GO 4 For drones since P4 or for products before P4 app? What is P4?? )

Have tried going to middle of a paddock, away from any metal...this message keep being displayed. I can't get past it...so haven't even been able to start the drone, let alone fly it!

Have watched various videos...one showed starting is move both toggles 'inwards & down'...another showed 'outwards & down'...which is correct?

Not sure that you are going to be able to start it with the compass out of calibration. Thats what that error message means.

A persistent compass error could be due to a disconnected compass.
Go toe the App Settings, find the Sensors section and see what it's telling you about the compass.

The manual is a good place to start.
If you haven't found it, here it is:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf

P56 answers the question. Either is correct.

I'm really confused...

Hi mate not sure if you sorted things out but mine starts down and in and I read once about a guy and a new mavic with same problem in transit it was exposed to something magnetic and needed degausing demagnetising to get it going used a tool called c fixer and sorted it out hope this helps

Reactions: WAXMAN
mine starts down and in
In and down is the way to do it.
The manual is a more reliable information source than forums for this kind of thing.
Page 56 of the manual shows this:
i-6z3XzWX-M.jpg

Thanks everyone for your replies.

When I watched yet another video (by Droning On this time..many thanks) I could see the same message on the phone & they just ignored it. I followed all the steps & the 'Mag Interf Check App' message disappeared after calibrating the compass. Why doesn't the error message just say 'calibrate compass' for total newbies like me :(

Why doesn't the error message just say 'calibrate compass' for total newbies like me :(
DJI's magnetic interference message is very badly worded.
It says something like move aircraft or calibrate compass.
Almost always, calibrating the compass is the wrong thing to do.
Simply moving away from the magnetic influence the compass is warning you about is the right action. Usually calibrating the compass is not the correct action.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54