DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

computer editing

Munz98

Reactions
Hi, I am looking at getting a new computer to process 4k drone videos. Not sure whether to go with laptop or desktop. Does anyone have some recommendations whether to go laptop or desktop? And also what processing power and memory is needed? I am new at this, but need to upskill for work

Current build gaming PC will have the processor and graphics card needed for 4K if that the goal.

All depends if you want portability, if not I would go for a desktop as you can always upgrade it at a later date if necessary.
Like bmwbob says Whatever you go for get a gamers setup, gamers always want the fastest everything.

I use the iPad Pro w/1TB hard drive. This one comes with more ram and it cuts through 4K like it’s soft butter.
I also use LumaFusion, easy to use and can’t beat the price.

Reactions: knobbydave
Hi, I am looking at getting a new computer to process 4k drone videos. Not sure whether to go with laptop or desktop. Does anyone have some recommendations whether to go laptop or desktop? And also what processing power and memory is needed? I am new at this, but need to upskill for work

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Munz98.

I was impressed with this video about the iPad mini 5 being able to edit 4k video,

I'm sure a P.C. would be better for editing but if you're on the go and need to process something, this may be the ticket.

You can fly with it too. ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: knobbydave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone